Escalator WIP

So I’ve been starting work on an idea I had in mind; a game where you play as an Escalator.

I thought I’d post here, been working probably just an hour or 2 a day for the past few weeks. I’m leagues better at making games in BGE but I feel like I should learn some serious coding so the game will be made in Unity; I’ll just be using this thread to post updates and keep track of progress.

Models and animation done in Blender, textures with GIMP (cuz I don’t really wanna pirate Photoshop even if its better sometimes), and obviously game logic and coding in Unity but that comes later; so yeah first screenshot just cuz:

This… I want to see this. I want to play as an escalator! This is grand! Gameplay: what are your intentions?

haha I got quite a few cool ideas in my head for gameplay but I’m gonna get the basic escalator functions and “people” and whatever coded and working in Unity before coding gameplay, so it’ll probably be a couple more weeks or so before I even post anything gameplay related. This escalator is merely the bare bones basic template scene I’ll be working with so don’t get too excited yet lol

been working a bit on the game recently, screenshots of a new level here, planning on this one being the introduction area still working on that awful ui and ironing out all the glitches and coding which is the hard part considering i know little about game coding in unity :spin: all animations and models and textures and such of course made with blender and gimp

Also, question, anyone know where i can read up on lightprobes 101 in unity 5? they give me issues like making my dynamic objects way way overlit and the only fix is turning down material emmision intensity which causes my static objects to be way way underlit. Pictured here, my current lightprobe group: