Challenge #581 (08/08/14) Entries CLOSED

Theme #581 for Friday 8th of August 2014 is: The Ocean

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 11th of August 2014.

What’s the challenge?

It’s pretty clear, you have to do something invisible !

He posts threads ahead of time, leaving the topic blank until he has time and actually has the topic.

Ah, I see!

Something to do with sculpting? (epicface) :stuck_out_tongue:

Does it have to be based on your own design? Or can you model according to a picture online

you can model from a picture but it’s a good idea to credit the original artist if you do.

Okay…it’s the ocean!!

It’s the invisible ocean !

My non-competing entry:

Ocean of Truth

This image was inspired by a quote attributed to Sir Isaac Newton:

“I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.”

RobertT

An island somewhere in the ocean, pure entry, maybe a bit cliche…

@RobertT, inspiring, original – as always. I am assuming this piece was created was a beta build using the fabled fourth dimension. :wink: I love the quote from Newton. I was thinking about doing a series of sculpts of mathematicians/scientists from the era before photography. It’s on my “list” anyway.

@mik, Gorgeous man. Are the reflections caustics or voronoi?

Please someone do the invisible sea for me T-T

(Tri-Moon) Pure / Cycles 1000

Pure blender + cycles:

So here is my entry.

To be sure I dont know if its pure or open. The reason is that I use 50% Blender and 50% Photoshop.
The clouds are the only thing I use and dont do myself. They are from Pixabay and are free to use.

Here is the Render.

And here is the finished piece.

Full resolution: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Desert-Island-474826354

Rendered in Cycles, some minor post-procesing was done in Gimp.

@ Photox: simple voronoi, i thinked after posting here the result that i could have used Luxrender.

SomeSilverWings : Interesting image! I think the result would be much “cleaner” if there are no clouds (or is something like dirt on lens?) on the foreground and water.

@Photox: Thank you! Your sculpting project sounds very promising. I do hope you get the chance to begin it!