Subway Render

This is my blender lighting practice for our unique project “Angelo-The Little Angel”.
Please give your valuable comments to update in blender lighting.Rendered with Blender Internal Render.

Please Support our project :
www.angelo-themovie.in
www.facebook.com/angelo.themovie

wow no critique from me looks great!!

Thanks BlueBox…!

Hello

The wireframe looks very good :). Well done.

However I think you can improve material. I suggest to switch to cycle render, since it’s easier to achieve a good result.
The picture looks very blurry, not sure why. Maybe it’s a depth of field or the wall texture resolution should be increased. There is a bit too much poly on the wires.

The pipe and rail texture can be improved. They look like a plain color without any reflexion. In reality metal is always shiny.

If the focus is on the ghost I suggest to diminish the light everywhere except near the ghost. It helps the viewer to focus on the subject.

Sam

Thanks samuncle for your valuable comment. I did set the DOF for blur the front. I am always trying to get realistic material result with blender internal render. So only I took the output with BI render. I will improve that all. My first thought was create a subway without ghost. After I finish the scene, I thought to add a ghost. And you know the wire render addon. I tried to wire render with that addon. But the result was not that I expect. So I modified the scirpt and create a new wireframe addon with some more options. Then I rendered and I get the above wireframe result. Thanks…!

Yep, im agree with samuncle here. In 3D modeling its very important to save memory by deleting unnecesary vertexes and edges.

wait I was just looking at this again and I notest Is that a ghost?

It’s a very cool scene. Nice job.

If you’re going for a distorted reality effect, then you can keep the DOF as is. However, to my eye, it doesn’t quite reflect how a real lens would perform in these conditions. It feels like a fairly wide lens, so that dramatic falloff from blur to focus is a bit unexpected based on the relative positions of the camera, walls, and floor. But then again, there’s a ghost, so maybe true to life wasn’t the intent.

Thanks for your Andr3yAngel. I didnt notice that. Actually that is a curve. I will reduce the wires.

I will correct the DOF. Thanks for your suggestion alchemywunderki.

i dont know what style the movie is going for,if you want to make it realistic check the colour of lamp(orange) vs. the heavy green cast of the scene,again will the lamp shown cast sharp shadows?,-use realistic light falloff(inv square) also you can use ambient occlusion to add darkness to corners.check this link for colour balance http://www.yafaray.org/node/498

Thanks for your comment Remade. Actually there is no any connection to the Angelo movie. This is just for my practice work for knowing lighting.

You could add some shiny/reflection spots on surface or on the floor it would give the apperance of the surface to be moist or wet.

Thanks Alex_L. I will adjust that.

If your interested the ghost could be made to be a light source, or could have a glow or glare effect.

All right, so, overall it sounds really nice and a little bit photorealist.
Though, I guess adding a normal map and a specularity map mainly on those concrete walls would actually help a lot.
Also, another thing that I kinda didn’t like about this render is the ghost. I seriously took about 7 seconds taking a look at your image to find the ghost, whitch should be the focus element of your scene. Maybe doing some composition on that might help. Another thing about the ghost aswell is that I find it a really throw off, since you can clearly see that it is a flat png image.

Overall, nice job, these little things might help it a lot. :slight_smile:

woow i love the ghost!! awesome!! :smiley:

only thing i can point out is that the walls looks a bit blury… other than that i cant come up with anything to say… awesome work!

maybe add lights from the background to make it look like a train is comming? i dont know… just a thought. :slight_smile: love it!

Just a thought - but I think higher contrast will help a lot… Hope you dont mind - but I did a quick adjustment to see what it would look like… probably a bit too much.

Over all it looks great :evilgrin:.
Textures used in this scene are looks more grunge , So little bit damages in ceilings, ground and pipes gives more realistic feel to this scene. This is my opinion. But you done well. That ghost effect is awesome. Congrats for your effort.

Great job!

I think the last one had too much contrast. The original one looks better.

What, I think, you can do to improve the image is bump up the depth. Have the fog thicker away from the camera. Also, you may add some vignetting so as to improve depth.