The Ticketeer

This enforcer of the law is handsome, intimidating, and always packing heat. Each day he’s prepared for World War III in anticipation of the crucial role he will play as a defender of truth and justice. Till then, he writes tickets…

Designed and sculpted as an action figure for Pinshape’s Toy Design Contest. Test printed with Jonathan Williamson’s Form1. My first 3D Print!

UPDATE 08/12/2014:

I didn’t win nor place in the top 4 of the contest, but it was fun and I’m still fairly happy with my final design. Thanks everyone for the encouraging feedback in this thread! Here’s a few more pics of the model and the print:

This is absolutely awesome! Great style and awesome result. Once question - does he stand on his own two feet?

Indeed he does! I ran a simulation in Blender to test it and sure enough it worked. Thanks for the kind words!

wow very cool the style of this character!, I’m ignorant about 3d print, I have some questions:
what is the type of material that use for the 3d prints? or I can chose the material? or exist one printer for each type of material?

sorry for my bad redaction, I wish you much succes on contest!.

I love it, oozing character and humour. It would be nice to see a rotation. Looks like it would be difficult to get the balance right.

Super neat sculpt! Really well done, I can see all the traits of the character in his pose and expression, great work! :slight_smile:

@joseperez - It’s printed with a form1 and their black material discussed here: http://formlabs.com/products/materials/. This was my first printing experience and truthfully I just sent the digital model to Jonathan who did the whole printing process, so I don’t know too much myself. But I know several different 3D printers use different materials and methods.

@David McDermott - Thanks for the positive feedback! I plan to do a turntable for my updated reel but till then you can see a few different angles at the pinshape post. To my amazement I simply sculpted the pose as I wanted, then when I ran a rigid body simulation it stood up, as does the print.

@Bernardo - Very positive review, thanks!

Thanks for the comments :slight_smile:

It’s tempting to skip leg day . . . don’t give in. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks great! I can only echo what others have said about the character and humor coming through strongly.

@Zeropoint: Haha great statement about leg day :yes: Thanks for the feedback!

Excellent work !!!
and… oh … ran a simulation in blender to test it… great.

Really good TheLuthier!
I quickly take a look of what other people did, you deserve to win this contest :slight_smile:

There’s cool details, and the character is nice.

I am always amazed at your models Kent! I really don’t know how you do it!

oh wow, would love to get something 3d printed one day, great work, kent.

As good as it gets!
Just a great sculpt of a great concept.

thanks very much about the information sir!, I really apreciate that!
no matter if you have little experience in this area, that information was sincerely seeking, and solves a lot of my questions, thank you very much!.

This topic is really very interesting, had not seen the update, hopefully Jonathan could make a video, really I have a lot of interest in how the printer prints the model in real time, and all procedures that touches done to reach the final result.

That’s really, really cool! The best (almost) part of the project :wink:

Awesome work Kent! In my opinion yours should defiantly of been one of the winners!

That is amazing man, I love it… and want one!

Congragts on getting feature row! :smiley:

im a bit confused on the link it almost looks like Kent Trammell modeled it??? or is this your AKA