My first video Cycle.need help

Hello.
Cycle Working with light, shadow and materials much easier.
but the video in cycle, is less quality compared with blender internal.

you can compare the quality to my previous videos made in blender internal.

In cycle:
the file format i use: png compession 15%.
the file movie format i use: H.264.
sampling: 100.
are there better settings for cycle png or movies?

Thanks

The clip:

Hey news2watch that is a great animation. For cycles you need to increase the amount of samples I believe. If you have a small amount of samples it ends up looking grainy. A good amount of samples is between 500 and 1000 I would say. Try experimenting with that and see if that’s the problem :slight_smile:

Hm, I think with “less quality” you mean that the shadows were darker in your previously rendered BI-Videos?

The lighter shadows in cycles come from the simulated global illumination.
Therefore there are 2 ways to darken the shadows:

1. Turn down the “Diffuse” Bounces to 0 under the “Light Paths”-Tab in the Rendersettings.
    or
  2. Make a Colorcorrection. (Gamma-Correction)

Hi
No.
if you increase the video, you will see blurring around objects.
i think it was because of the settings of the film or image.
note also the sky are not smooth.
this also happens in 500 samples. So the problem is not the number of samples.
Thanks for the response.

Aaaah okay, sorry I misunderstood you.

Well, the blurring around the objects is a typical video- and picture-compression-artefact and has nothing to do with cycles I think.
May I ask in which file format you rendered your previous videos and which videoformat you used there?

Hello and thanks.
in BI, my previous videos, same as Cycle= H.264.
png image: png compession 90%
Thank you all

hm, I would guess that there are two possible problems:

1. Blenders h.264 compression or
  2. Youtubes Video-compression

Is the video on your hard drive without artefacts (before you uploaded it on youtube)? If so, then the Youtube video-compression is at fault… nothing much you could do against that as far as I know.
But if the video on your hard drive already has those artefacts, then Blenders h.264 compression is at fault. In this case you can turn up the Bitrate of the compression to get rid of the artefacts.
But keep in mind that a higher bitrate results in a bigger movie-file.

It would be best to render in the video format AVI JPEG. Although in the imperfect JPEG quality, if compression is turned to 100%, it will be perfect with no lossy quality. Also resulting in very small video file sizes, which is always nice. There is indeed the possibility of YouTube’s compression being the issue, some HD videos on YouTube turn out that way, but some don’t.

Thanks
By the way for those interested, format H.264, suitable for cellular.
i will try in avi jepg.( and jpg-image).

Thank you for your honesty.

375mg a week will not put him much above standard. 500mg is pretty much minimum I would suggest.

It is very good video.I am surprised becuase first time also you build high quality and clear video.If you want to improve your knowledge you must check the nternet and other sources.