The Conundrum of the Chandelier: 2014 TSA National Champion Video Game!

Hello, everyone! To preface, TSA is the Technology Students’ Association, a high school and middle school club where students participate in multiple technology-related competitions like Architectural Modelling, Animatronics, Technical Sketching etc. in their individual states, and if they win those they can move on to a national competition. This year for the Video Game Design competition I took the lead and convinced our team to use Blender for the game. After months and months of teaching them how to use Blender and creating and testing the game, we won the State competition for New Jersey in March and then a few weeks ago moved on to win the National competition for 2014!

The Conundrum of the Chandelier is a puzzle/adventure game that is centered around a younger audience, so don’t expect the puzzles to be too hard! It also had to be beatable in less than 20 minutes so it won’t take up too much of your time. We needed to butter up the judges as well so you’ll see TSA stuff everywhere :smiley: It is for Windows 7 64-bit users only too. Sorry non-Windows guys! I put screenshots up for you :confused:

Screenshots:

Link for the game (205Mb .zip, 340Mb unpacked):

I didn’t link attach anything here because the website was giving me trouble, sorry. The links are on Imgur and Dropbox.
I hope you enjoy the game, and thanks again for all of your help and support over my years of using Blender! <3

Im sorry I cant try your game as im on 32-bit windows. But congrats to your team. Im also sure that the BGE community appreciates your team using the BGE to win this, and I consider it a +1 for BGE

Never even noticed this thread, didn’t figure to look on blender artists for the other TSA entries. I will try the game out soon and good job on the national victory, personally my team got 4th but we’re still very proud of that.

“It is for Windows 7 64-bit users only too. Sorry non-Windows guys!”
On a side note if you run 32-Bit Blender on your computer (You would have to re download) it will export a 32-bit version of the game, you can check to see that it works by running it in XP compatibility mode.

Whoa you were in the TSA competition too? Did you use Blender to get 4th place? I’d like to play your game, see how the competition was weighted against ours if I could. Congratulations on 4th!

Also thanks for the tip, I’ve been trying to figure out how to do that actually and I never even thought of that as an option

Yes our team used Blender to make our game, we used MS Paint and GIMP for the graphics.
I guess I will upload it to my own thread, see no reason why not (Feel free to look at the assets, just don’t steal them ;))

We were happy even if it was 4th, first time anyone in our school had made finalists.

Just curious, i’m a programmer on a team going to compete this year, did you use mostly logic bricks or python?

Personally in my team’s project I used mostly Python scripting, but if there was an area that was both simpler and more efficient to use logic bricks then I would use logic bricks.