Nurbs

Hello Artists!

After I dumped my ideas into blender I am now quite exhausted. I would like to scale up, do animation, and some people request to be able to walk through the models (Game Engine), but the way Blender does it pushes me away (and Java and Web pull me). Any tips are appreciated.

https://plus.google.com/photos/+ArneChristianRosenfeldt/albums/5770683393039208161

The *.blend are linked. For some reason I cannot download the *.blend for any image on this site :frowning:
I came her because Blender is so exotic that a general 3d modeling GIS just directs me towards other apps.

Greetings by a physicist!

Somehow I thought the Scetchbook-naming is automated. Please rename this thread!

After I saw all those low poly characters I also wanted to try it with NURBS. Time is up … although I still have some ideas for details.

Also: Test *.blend upload
Hmm, I do not understand the GUI. In Google.Photos I can just drop a set of photos on a control in the html page. Here I had to click about 3 times for what?

Attachments

avatar20141101_w4x4.blend (84.4 KB)

nurbs seems like a very difficult way to model a human. Probably the easiest way would be sculpt + retopo.

I found out, while modelling a car, that one can easily rig NURBS. I will have to read up inverse kinematic. I have heard about that word 10 years ago and thought it would be simple. I use this as a step toward rigging my car.

Attachments

avatar20141124rig.blend (94.9 KB)

As one tutorial about NURBS said it: You end up with way too much vertices at the back of the head. There I stopped. Still I think, one can go a long way with NURBS. It may need some kind of multires, where at the back of the head the vertices are generated by subdivision. In this way a CNC machine or RepRep or a vertex shader or fluid sim can still use the fast and smooth spline functions for the detail. Sculpt has no overlap with mechanics modelling. Thus I think I will not dive into it.