The Shepherds Plea

A small struggling town in the a valley is only kept alive by the valiant efforts of their beloved shepherd. But that all changes as a small band of goblins learns of this villages plight… and the raiding begins, sheep are disappearing left and right until the town hires you. You now must help this town in as many ways possible and the villagers alive. This task is works successfully, until something far more dangerous starts taking the sheep. You a mediocre swords man must now go on a quest to save your lowly village from utter destruction.
The village

The Hero

The Shepherd

any ideas or comments are welcome

The game is coming along well I will soon post more pictures. The game almost always runs at a good frame rate, and I am currently working on the polishing the first level and finishing the second level.

Thanks for any feedback,

Fredstash

After speaking with the Shepherd you realize that you must enter the cave, To save the lost Sheep

Level 1 is practically done, and level two is in the polish stage. Level three is going well and currently being put together.

Enemy List:

Goblins
Use’s a basic club
Easily killed or avoided

Slugs
Stupid Bugs that slid around cave
Slightly poisonous
Impossible to kill
Easy to avoid

I will continue Creating enemies and expanding the Plot
Soon I will post the next level

Thanks for any comments

Fredstash

The game looks pretty good…keep up!! Textures need a little care…baking ao + shadows could improve the overall appearance
Like a labyrinth of caves but it would need more rocky texture and some stones here and there
Good luck!!

I am really bad at texturing, To the point where I do not even know what baking ao is, and I can work on the cave texturing some more.

Hi fredstash , creating AO maps is quite simple
here is a simple guide…[ATTACH=CONFIG]326222[/ATTACH]
you can also paint textures directly in Blender and then edit them in GIMP or Photoshop

http://s6.postimg.org/4ze4ms8wt/Ao_bake_tut_02.jpg Full Res. image

Unfortunately I don’t have much time any more because school has started but here is my attempt at a better character texturing any help would be welcome .

I do have some more levels but currently I am making the rest look better so those will have to wait for now.

Thanks for help,

Fredstash

P.s. Saturday is coming and then I should have more time.

I am Back!

I have spent some time updating the graphics of my game, I was wondering what everyone things of the new texturing compared to the textures above. I have almost finished the entire first level (retexturing) other than a few characters, and I re-wrote some new music

Thanks for reading,

I am excited for any comments

Fredstash