image rendering taking 2 hrs, plz suggest me the bestway to render

hi all,
i am using blender 2.69 and 2.71 in 2 machines, i tried both CPU and GPU rendering of my images. both of them taking more than 2 hrs. below is my system config. please suggest me the best way to render/ best system to get faster rendering.

config :     os : win7,   
                  processor  : i5  first machine, i3 second machine ( 4 core both).
                   ram         : 8gb
                graphic card :  1gb , nvidia gtx 650

Not sure whether i am using low config system/ not the best way to render. Please suggest us the industry standard sytem for blender.

thank you
chandra

Unfortunately you haven’t given us any information on what you are trying to render, just giving some if the hardware specs is pretty much useless to give you any helpful info.

There are youtube videos on the sample, caustics, clamps of the interface… Here is a few links to help you understand why it is not just a computer dealeo…
to get started, also see comments like by Nasty-

Here is an interesting video (to some) about how it works

Then there is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-yCJlcXjOg -very helpful for setting up nodes to reduce noise without using samples

me and my friends are doing a demo scene rendering. scene contains below contents.

1. 4-6 houses.
  2. grass build with particles.
  3. 8 trees
  4. 9 bushes
  5. some street lamps and textures(bit heavy/ quality ones)

please help us.

Sometimes rendering just has to take as long as it can. With all of that stuff, it probably will take some time. Is that 2 hours for an animation? Because that actually isn’t so bad. 2 hours for one frame?

Are you rendering cycles? Blender internal?

If cycles, render out all of your passes. Normal, z-depth, transmission, all diffuse, all glossy, all sss (if you have SSS) all transmission (if you have transmission).

Then download the PassCombineDenoiser node in the B-Wide node pack.

Set your samples low. Render, and see if PCD can clean up some of the mess.

:confused: