BMW i8 - 2014 model

Hi everyone,

another project, another car, this time it was BMW, due to the complexity of the design, modeled the exterior/interior.

it’s was a great project, as always i learned something new, thanks to the BA members, who are always here :D, thank you guys a lot.

my main goal was to try and render a realistic outdoor environment for the car, i think “for me” is it quit satisfactory, even my 2 little brothers use it as a wallpaper, so… :stuck_out_tongue: .

done using : Blender 2.70 and Cycles

here is the main render :

(HDRI and Backplate from > : http://www.harniman.com/ )

i’m waiting for your comments :).

Peace.

here are some studio renders, just to see the model :

The attachments are broken in the 2nd post.As for the environment render,why did u choose that backplate itself.You could have chosen the others.I am not saying that it is bad but u could have tried the others.It could use a slight improvement though.The model is perfect there is nothing wrong here.Sorry if I said anything foolish these are just my thought.Good work.Keep it up

Great work, loving those studio renders! As for the hdri, it looks great, and I love the backplate (that’s why I follow harniman on fb and yt, lots of good content), and I think its perfect except for two tiny thingies that caught my eye… First, the tires have like a yellow outline. Its really small, but since it disrupts the flow of black from tire to shadow, its actually quite noticeable… Second thing is more of an artistic issue: on the side of the car theres just so many bright and saturated reflections that, even if its realistic (which is not because there isn’t any red or yellow lights where the reflection suggests they are), to me it looks like some messy mass of colours in which you cant recognise the shape of the actual car… I’m not meaning to be rude or diminish your work though; its excellent. The modelling is perfect and the detail is amazing, specially the interior!

Keep up the good work!

Great modeling and studio renders. Final outdoor render could be better though. Is there a reason camera is tilted in that angle instead of opposite? For me it would work better if camera had been tilted the otherway: Car would upward making impression of acceleration. Another issue is that car doesnt really blend with background. I also feel that background takes too much focus out of the car. You could add dof to fix that issue, it would also make car blend better.

Heres quick photoshop mockup incorporating things I stated above:

Obviously it has quite a different feel to it, guess its just about what you like.

Really nice renders! The model itself is also really good! And I agree with jjjuho. I think his ideas would really help.

5 stars, love the render :smiley:

Another masterpiece my friend. As someone who avidly followed the WIP thread I can say this project has come very far. Well done, you’ve really done this car justice.

i see the studio renders… but i don’t see any studio.
just kidding.

fantastic job on the modelling.
great job on the render aswell

I understand above comments, and most of them are easy enough to do/ fix should you wish to, but the main thing is that 99% of it is done and done well. Most of the critique is based on personal tastes, so dont be dissappointed as i know it took you long time to finish. I think it’s really good, and 50 times better than i thought. keep it up!!

Wow, the studio renders are cutting edge.

Congratulation. Very well done. Espescially the Exterieur. I visusialized this car more than 100 times the last 4 years beginning with the showcar to production design. Do you have an Screenshot from the surface wireframe. I am really interested in how you managed Exterieur surfacing in some areas.

like it a lot!!! … nice car… and really nice interior… for me its the most difficult part… ( more than exterior)

Im trying to model one interior for my cars and it’s being quite difficult for me… ( I’m a complete amateur)

nicely done! the interior is indeed not the easiest.

Hi, thank you sasa, it was quit a challenge (for me) to model this car :p.
if you are interested, check my WIP link (in my signature), you’ll find lots of screenshots ;).

Thanks Eric, yep not the easiest at all, but i learned a lot from it.

Thanks man :slight_smile: