ideas for this bedroom scene

Started to make a bigger scene with my modeled lamp yesterday. But I lack some ideas to take this project further.

Also for me my camera angle is not the best, but I’m a poor photographer :smiley:

Any suggestions where to take this scene?

That office chair is insane! did you make that? The door looks nice too, even see the hinges, too often i see people leave details like that off in 3d work. textures look pretty good.

The lamp is way too bright for one thing. take it down a few stops (photography joke :D). A subtle effect from the shadows would have a greater sense of realism i think. also, raise that lamp up a bit, or put it in a corner. having some huge chandelier like that in the middle of the room at eye level is just asking for trouble (and lost realism as people might not catch it at first glance, but something will feel “off” about the composition to them)

I like where you’re going with this, but I’d completely lose that window. The dots of light on it look odd, and the presence of light-patterns outside of it looks very odd because it seems that it’s a exterior-grade window into … another room?! … and in any case, IMHO, doesn’t really add anything to the scene itself.

Other suggestions: “turn down the light.” Way down. That must be a 500-watt bulb you’ve got in there. :slight_smile: And, think of ways to have fun with the light. For instance, putting colored pieces of glass into the ball so that the light is now of different colors. Or, if that’s computationally difficult (and, given that it’s a “trick” at best …), find other ways to inject different complementary colors into the scene. Hang a poster of Suzanne on the wall, for instance. A sculpture of Suzanne in the pose of The Thinker. Feel Free.™

The basic idea of the lamp is a great conceit for this shot, making it automatically an interesting scene. Have fun with colors, to give the scene more [I]“zing!”, and have fun decorating the set.

Thanks for the advise. Sadly no Dave_K, the office chair is the only “stolen” object for the scene. Got it out of the model-pack which comes with the architecture academy I’m currently attending. but the lamp is way more complex to model, you can trust me :stuck_out_tongue:
and sundialsvc4, The odds dots come from the environment texture I used, maybe I should leave the background black. The other things in the windows are the reflections, which are occur at nighttime… but the noise is destroying it.

but improvements I will made as suggested: turn down the light. softer shadows. replacing the lamp to a place less crazy. put something on the wall

for colored light… I’m not sure, It shouldn’t be a party room :smiley:

thank you !

Thanks for the advise. Sadly no Dave_K, the office chair is the only “stolen” object for the scene. Got it out of the model-pack which comes with the architecture academy I’m currently attending.
and sundialsvc4, The odds dots come from the environment texture I used, maybe I should leave the background black. The other things in the windows are the reflections, which are occur at nighttime… but the noise is destroying it.

but improvements I will made as suggested: turn down the light. softer shadows. replacing the lamp to a place less crazy. put something on the wall

for colored light… I’m not sure, It shouldn’t be a party room :smiley:

thank you !

Good work friend. I think the monitor is too small compare with other objects. the table lamp needs more brightness near (around) the light source.