blender 2.49 dont work at ubuntu 14.04!

Does anybody know why and how to fix this?

The short answer is because 2.49 is obsolete and no longer supported.

My first guess would be the python version (2.4, maybe 2.6 ?) required to run 2.49 is not installed on Ubuntu 14.04. If you don’t want to compile python from source there is a ppa of old python versions you can install from:-
https://launchpad.net/~fkrull/+archive/ubuntu/deadsnakes

Please note, this is not an official Ubuntu repository and you install these at your own risk.

Once python is installed it is possible you will need other older versions of support libs. Installing these may(or may not) break your system. Again, install at your own risk. You could try symlinking missing libs first.

ok, but if I need for some reason run 2.49 (now ubuntu studio 16.04) how should I do? if not cause any troubles…

The answer is still the same.

How did you do it the last 4 years?

Do you have a Windows system you could run it on? I just downloaded and ran 2.49b on my WIn 10 system. Probably easier than getting all the required libraries installed and setup without breaking your system.

Or install it in a VM with a version of Ubuntu that has 2.49b in its repo?

I wasn’t able to get 2.49 running on Windows 10. I wanted to have a look at Yo Frankie.

This is a general problem when needing to run any sort of “legacy” software. Businesses run into it all the time when they stop upgrading an application but then continue to use it for years (or decades!) You have to be prepared to maintain the entire ecosystem that the software requires, which means the operating system and the hardware supported by that operating system version.

As other suggested, a virtual machine can be a good way to do this (though it may or may not provide native access to hardware resources like your video card, so in some cases you may need a real physical nine year old computer with a nine year old operating system in order to run a nine year old piece of software).

You can get VirtualBox for free to create and run VMs, and I’m sure you can download the old version of Ubuntu from somewhere to install into a VM. If you get this working then the VM should continue to work on future hardware and OS versions (even different host OSes).

https://www.virtualbox.org/

ow my god where is my education, I am pretty fine and you guys? (hateing my netbook) Summer here, beaches everyday.