Can't open the downloaded application anymore

If I attempt to open the program, my computer tells me that the file “is not a valid Win32 application.” I’m not sure what that means so I have no idea how to fix it?

What have you downloaded ?
Have you tried from a different download site
If you have a 32bit operating system did you download the 32bit version of blender ?
Are you using the zip download, if so try the installer
Are you using the installer, if so try the zip downaload
Show a comprehensive series of screenshots or screencast of what you are doing

I downloaded bproject from http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/3D_interaction/bprojection.

I then proceeded to the user preferences section and clicked “Install from file…” and uploaded it and enabled it. Everything works fine until I try to add a bprojection plane in the properties panel. I get something that says:

“Report: Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\x\AppData\Roaming\Blender\BlenderFoundation\Blender\2.71\scripts\addons\space_view3d_paint_bprojection.py”, line 807 inexecute bpy.ops.object.vertex_group_assign(new = True)
File"C:\Program Files (86x)\BlenderFoundation\Blender\2.71\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py”. line168 in call_ret = op_call(self.idname_py(). None,kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties : keyword “new” unrecognized

The Bprojection option in my properties panel then disappears and I can’t use bprojection. The file is not a .zip file.

I don’t know if that’s enough information because I don’t know which operating system I have but I know my blender version is 2.71.

I got the same problem. The error are exactly the same. Is there no solution for this problem? Is there anyone can help?

Could you be more specific? In his posts #1 and #3 (which were posted 7 months apart, btw) the OP describes two completely different and totally unrelated issues. Which one of those is yours?