1932 Ford Coupe

Getting started on modeling a 1932 Ford Coupe. I haven’t decided if I like the 3 window or 5 window best,…yet. Either way here is my progress with most of the important blocking in done, I’ve started modeling the frame and front suspension.

Thumbnail Update

Attachments

Continuing work on the 32 ford frame, here is the rear suspension so far. I don’t think I’ll put in the full 4 or 5 link system as I doubt that it would be visible but I will if need be.

Attachments

Looks awesome so far and you definitely know your stuff! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks BAGraphics!

I’ve been working on a few other things but finally got around to mostly finishing the frame and front suspension. Now onto the wheels and tidy up some loose ends. I have the car body blocked out but I’m a little worried about the engine, I think it’s going to be extremely challenging and probably frustrating, lol.

Oh my god this looks so amazing already. I love the attention to detail. I hope i’ll be this good someday :wink:

Thanks AxelWal! This car has been a bit of a hassle because of all the exposed parts, although they are pretty much just primitive shapes. It’s been fun so far even though I often have to redo things 3 or 4 times because something conflicts or I end up just not liking it. I in no way consider myself a good modeler but I’m learning a lot with this project.

3rd times a charm…I think. I modeled 3 different sets of wheels and tires for this car. I think I like this set as it sort of gives some old and new and seem to go well with the car…although I’m not quite sure about the white walls.

I have gotten some work done on the engines top end. Still playing with the proportions of the blower setup but I’m calling the heads and valve covers done.

Your materials and attention to detail are really amazing…I’m surprised this thread hasn’t gotten more responses…I’m really looking forward to this :smiley:

Not to to tell you how to rod:no: but a reverse flow flathead v-8 would be spectacular.:RocknRoll:

Thanks sdighe.

Yes, it sure would. I looked at a number of Ford engines but I felt it would be too difficult for me at this point to try and replicate something that intricate. Maybe in the future I will try and do a real engine. For now, I’ll settle for this concept V-12 as it gives me a lot of leeway until my modeling skills improve.

From what I am seeing here you are not far off. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Anthony, hopefully I get the engine finished this weekend and can finally move onto the body and get this finished up soon.

Oh, I really like you attention to detail. That makes things interesting IMO!
Waiting to see more!

Thanks IconW, with this car the engine is pretty exposed as well as the front end suspension so I don’t really have a choice other than to model it all in. I keep going back and forth with how much detail does this really need but in the end, if nothing else, it has been a great learning experience. Thanks for the comment!

I didn’t get as much time as I had hoped this last weekend for modeling and the #$@%#!* headers took forever but I did make some progress. I can chip away at it a bit this week and eventually it will get done. I’m still working on the alternator some but it is almost done.

I’m not sure how to go about modeling the blower belt as it needs teeth and they will need to line up with the teeth on the drive pulleys so that will be a learning experience. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is the current status of this V-12 concept engine. I intend to fill that large gap between the block and intake with a bracket holding ignition coils so that won’t be so ugly when done. Thanks for looking.

That is looking sick. Love the pass through intake riser.

I don’t know what the blower belt looks like or how the teeth are oriented, but mess around with the array modifier and see if that helps.
Love the concept engine :smiley:

The pulley on the the end of the blower shaft could easily be made from a cylinder of course, that’s the easy bit.
As for the belt you may try something alone the lines of a bezier circle to get your base shape.
This would allow you control of where the teeth ended up as you could subdivide to create more control points as needed.
Then extrude it and add / apply a solidify modifier and extrude the teeth?