problem with running Blender 2.71

Hi, guys, I dont know is this the right place for this question, but I have a trouble of running Blender 2.71. Basically, I downloaded the .zip and unpacked it, but when I doubleclick blender.exe it gives me an error: " The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll "
I dont have a freaking point what this means, I would appreciate any help on this subject, please help me!:frowning:
oh, I am using windows XP

Microsoft dropped support for XP, so did Blender:

Martijn Berger mentions progress on msvc 2012/2013 libs. He works on documentation and .bat scripts, to compile each library. Current plan: We will compile Blender 2.70 with MSVC 2008 still, and do the switch to MSVC 2012/2013 for Blender 2.71. Warning: When we do the switch, Windows XP support most likely will be discontinued. As Blender 2.71 won’t be released before May/June 2014, plenty of time to do an OS update.

ah, thanks! So, what win version should I install that is NOT windows 8, but with the old interface that was made for human beings? Frankly, windows 8 has the worst interface that can be ever invented in the whole galaxy!

8.1 is not all that bad if you make the desktop the default, but I still prefer Windows 7 - which is obviously the only windows alternative to run Blender. But you may also check if a linux distribution is a viable alternative for you.

Ubuntu Desktop
If you wanted you can keep the xp and add Ubuntu, I use it and blender 2.71. it is free no viruses effect it unlike windows. There are GiMP and INKscape also open source to complement blender for textures and bump map it is free to try too. you could use a live CD of Ubuntu to see if you like it depending on your computer you may be able to download the blender for that architecture your computer and try it too.
http://www.ubuntu.com/download
Download Ubuntu desktop and replace your current operating system whether it’s Windows or Mac OS, or, run Ubuntu alongside it.

Windows 7 pro. Go for the 64-bit version if your hardware is built for it.