The Baron's Hangar

Link to Full Resolution

The average visitor to the Aster Space Port and Hangar Facility on Koranna IV might never realize that it houses the private hangar of the famed star fighter pilot, nicknamed the Baron.

If one were to explore the sprawling complex of squat, round hangars and landing bays, semi-submerged in the sandy ground all around, they might chance upon an unassuming structure toward the south, where three ancient D-1 Space Superiority Fighters sit, relatively unattended. The three craft were all owned by the Baron, and were used by him and his flight team during their incredible combat missions against the Trisst Empire some fifty years ago.

Now, they are museum pieces, preserved by the Thrassi War Heroes Conservation Association, for future generations to appreciate.

The Baron who flew these fighters, whose real name was never released to the public, was reportedly killed by falling from a ladder in his home just three days after the war ended.

——-

Blender 2.71, Cycles Renderer, post in GIMP.

Original Dimensions: 10,000 x 5000 px

Render Time: ~6 hours

Hopefully everyone likes it.

Dan

Awesome hanger Dan. Lots of great details…I got a smile at what looks like a dog crate you added :slight_smile: The circular rails (not sure the proper name) at the top are really cool.

I hope people will take the time to view the hi res version where you get a much better appreciation for the work that went into this.

awesome render! I actually knew it was your work before seeing your profile name - you have a distinctive style! love the atmospheric perspective. glad to see you’re still churning out work.

Beautiful work!

excelent!!

Haha. Didn’t you start this ages ago? Anyway, gorgeous work as always, mate.

Impressive work, Dan! So many details to look at, it’s almost too big to really appreciate on my tiny laptop monitor! Great use of textures, and the balance of light and shadow is very good. I appreciate the backstory you’ve included as well, it makes the image fuller and more intriguing.

Did you render the image so large for printing purposes? It’s huge!

5 star work, for sure!

5 stars, just amazing! :slight_smile:

I love it such a cool concept and beautiful execution. My only crit is that I would have loved some textures on the planes to age them up and add some variation. 5 *'s from me.

:smiley: Thanks, everyone for your very nice comments!

@tyrant monkey: That’s a good suggestion. I ran out of time on this project, and had to really cram to get it done, unfortunately. :frowning: But yeah, that would definitely have been ideal, to add a little more weathering. Oh well, I guess the Thrassi War Heroes Conservation Association is a little too zealous with their job. :smiley:

Dan

the left rock seems to be cut^^ (flat)

Very well constructed scene,

Stunning, as usual!!!

Reminds me a lot of Jedi Knights the pc games series a lot of he levels were set up like this :smiley: Refreshing and yes a total stunner ;D

Wonderful scene! I love it, deserves some stars!
The only things letting it down for me are the tubes going over each other could be a bit smoother, and the “thing” on the right could use a texture/material.

I love it but… koff koffsandstormskoff koff.
Very good. just my writer’s brain picking out inconsistencies.

Excellent work!!

Beautiful work! 5*

NIce work indeed. Ship’s design remind me some migs ? Very well done, the overall colours and mood is very nice.

[edit] I agree with Tyran, a liitle weathering could improve it, but still a nice one [/edit]

That’s amazing man ! Congratz !