Texture Baking problem.

I’m making a model with image textures and I went to bake its textures and a warning popped up saying
“circular reference in texture stack”
what’s going on and how can I fix it?
Please help!!
EDIT
I am using blender 2.68a to make a 3d bow I modeled it to my liking then textured it in blender render using 2 image textures each with there own material wood grain and leather I then rendered it everything worked fine then I went to bake the textures, when it was almost finished a warning poped up saying “circular reference in texture stack”
the model then turned black
At the sugesstions of Gorrion103 I unchecked the texture box in the texture stack menu and tried it again and the same thing happened. If anyone has an answer please help! Thank You in advance.

Before:

After:

Texture menu Before:

Not to litter on your thread… But if you want some help (especially from some of these heavy hitters) You best ask your question(S) better. Not sure if anyone has already shared that with you. JA is pretty good about reminding.

1 Post version
2.Post platform
3.Post screen Grab
4. Post blend file. Use PasteAll.org to do so if you do not know

As it is now:

Hey I am getting an error “circular reference in texture stack”

Not that I can help with the Bake but I can help you post it better.
Peace

You are propably doing that:

1. Object have Texture A.
  2. You are baking to texture A.
  3. Go to 1.

Disable texture You are baking to in texture stack.

how would I do that Gorion ?
and
Net Commercial I’ll keep that in mind

Texture stack (red) is using (yellow) texture1 and currently selected uv is texturelinked(uv maped to texture) to same texture.

(Just uncheck this texture witch are You baking to)

Thanks A lot!!! I will try that and se if it works.
Thanks again ! :smiley:

Here’s the last picture I was only aloud 3 pictures on this post
The texture menu after:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321213[/ATTACH]

Hi
I recently posted this problem asking for help. how ever my post did not have nearly enough info so I am reposting this problem complete with screenshots any help you can give would be helpful. thanks

I am using blender 2.68a to make a 3d bow I modeled it to my liking then textured it in blender render using 2 image textures each with there own material, wood grain and leather I then rendered it, everything worked fine, then I went to bake the textures, when it was almost finished a warning poped up saying “circular reference in texture stack”
the model then turned black
At the sugesstions of Gorrion103 I unchecked the texture box in the texture stack menu and tried it again and the same thing happened. If anyone has an answer please help! Thank You in advance. :slight_smile:

Before:

/uploads/default/original/4X/b/4/3/b43adca1c8850c77ef89aac7afc12baab543d7cf.jpgd=1405614084

After:

/uploads/default/original/4X/1/f/d/1fd0f501a9fb298d673b33d2bbbc3215232ef689.jpgd=1405614331

Texture menu Before:

/uploads/default/original/4X/2/2/a/22ad10482c112330b5a6ef00799a17d9fce82667.jpgd=1405614545

Texture menu after

Threads merged

Oh, i know now what are You doing :d…

So in texture stack, you need to have that textures checked witch are you want bake from with selected correct UVmap.

Then create new UV, and UV It to Your target texture:

While selected that target UV just click bake and enjoy result:

Ok thanks will try!! :yes:

How would I prevent this happening in the futer?