Scouts Out

Hey folks!
So I needed a new wallpaper, and this happened. I was inspired by Astro1derboy’s sketchbook, the Star Wars snowspeeder, 50’s and 60’s Sci_Fi movies, Stargate, Independence Day, and a Milton Bradley Simon game :slight_smile:

Blender 2.71, rendered in BI. Background pic from NASA. There’s all kinds of “making-of” on pages #23 and #24 of my sketchbook if anyone is interested :slight_smile: Thanks for having a look!
1920 X 1080

great concept! :slight_smile: what is the background? image? or did you make it?

Amazing.
Interesting concept.
!!!

very nice!! :yes:

@michael90g: Thanks! The background pic is from NASA, but there’s a really nice tutorial on how to make an Earth like this, my PC just doesn’t have the power to render it out in under a decade :smiley:

EDIT: That’s the original tutorial on how to make the Earth, but this is the one for the closeup(same guy):

@michalis: Thank you very much! :smiley:

@blue box: Thank you! :slight_smile:

ah, now you can team up with dan and his huge work on spaceships :wink: … nice design, a mix of a boomerang and a shell, velocity and strength. i like it :slight_smile:

Much appreciated Doris, thanks! I think you described it perfectly :slight_smile:

Well done Vicky, it looks really nice in space, glad you decided to add it into a scene.

Thanks harleynut97! :smiley:

this was awesome seeing in progress, good show for the final! Now, we need a battle…

Thanks a lot Craig, I had fun making it, and thanks for following it! :slight_smile: A battle would be cool, maybe on my next one as I’m addicted to making spaceships now :stuck_out_tongue:

very nice model - i appreciate the originality of the form. and thank you for not going overboard on the greebles :wink:

@woflred: Haha! Thanks! :slight_smile: I still wanted it a bit sleek so I didn’t want too much on there :slight_smile: Glad you like it!

Here’s a shot of it taken apart, rendered with Edge:

EDIT: Wow!! Thanks for the stars guys! :slight_smile:

Congrats on the BlenderNation feature banner! (or whatever you call that thingee at the top :slight_smile: )

@harleynut97: Thank you! :slight_smile: