IK Keyframe Issue

Hello. Recently I have been having this issue when it comes to animating a character of mine. I will move all of my bones around, insert my keyframe into the dope sheet, and everything looks fine. I then go to make a second keyframe. I move my bones around again, make everything look nice, and insert another. This, however, is where my problem emerges. Though the second keyframe looks the way it should, some bones on the first have moved to the same position as those in the second (Leg bones to be exact) . It’s like certain bones’ positions are unanimous among all of the keyframes. I think this has to do with my IK constraints on my leg bones. When it is taken away this does not happen. Does anybody have any idea as to how I could fix this issue?

Here’s the blend if it helps. Thanks!

Dependency cycles strike again.

I took a quick look at the file. I opened it through the command terminal, toggled in and out of edit mode for the armature, and got this output in the terminal:

Dependency cycle detected:
Bone.013 depends on FOOTIKL.003 through IK Constraint.
Bone.021 depends on Bone.013 through Parent Relation.
Bone.070 depends on Bone.021 through Parent Relation.
FOOTIKL.003 depends on Bone.070 through Pose Constraint.

Bone.013 depends on Bone.012 through Parent Relation.
Bone.021 depends on Bone.013 through Parent Relation.
Bone.012 depends on FOOTIKL.003 through IK Constraint.

Bone.021 depends on FOOTIKL.003 through Pose Constraint.

Bone.011 depends on Bone.022 through IK Constraint.
Bone.018 depends on Bone.011 through Parent Relation.
Bone.022 depends on Bone.018 through Parent Relation.

Bone.011 depends on Bone.010 through Parent Relation.
Bone.018 depends on Bone.011 through Parent Relation.
Bone.010 depends on Bone.022 through IK Constraint.

Bone.018 depends on Bone.022 through Pose Constraint.

Basically, you have bones whose relationships and constraints make a tangled mess. See “Dependency Cycles” from this page. If you solve this, the bones should work as originally expected. I don’t have time at the moment to sort out all the dependencies for you (it may require adding more bones to the rig), but I hope that helps. TIP: Bones that control an IK chain cannot be children of bones within the chain.

Thank you so much! I feel a little silly for not catching this actually. When in doubt, check the terminal. Loops can be devious little buggers.