Water Textures!?!?!

I have been making a bathroom scene in which there is a shower. To add a little dynamic flare I really want to add some water into the mix by making the shower look on. To do this I don’t want to us the fluid simulator as it is too unpredictable, I was planning to use a water texture. The only problem is that I have no idea how to get one. Also on top of this I have some planks of wood underneath this shower head which I would like to be darker because of the water (this problem I think I can solve with some fiddling, but I have no idea how to texture a plane to look like water).

Here is the current unfinished scene at 1500 samples (none of it is finished yet and I am aware of many of the problems in the render):

thanks, please ask if i a being unclear.

This is the wrong sub-forum

Don’t use the fluid simulator for this. Use a particle system that emits groups of objects to represent the spraying water… I would experiment with different lengths of long water droplets, and experiment with materials. Also, be sure to add some steam to the mix.

Nice looking render by the way.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Materials and Textures”