BGELauncher Qt5 blenderplayer launcher

BGELauncher

• Blender Game Engine Launcher.
  • Python 3 + Qt 5, single-file, easy use.
  • 2 UX modes, Simple (ala Elementary) or Full (ala KDE)

Pull Requests welcomed, Licence is GPLv3+ but tell me if you need another Licence will add it, it uses Python3 and Qt5,
can be compiled to Native Machine Binary Executable with Nuitka, I only have Linux OS but should run on other OS too,
if find a Bug fill a proper Bug report on GitHub, if need a Feature fill a proper Bug report on GitHub, more stuff to come…
:slight_smile:

Cool. What does it do?

It seems like you can put your game in to an executable file and then launch it with an options screen. Am I right?

This has been Updated today !, with new features, enjoy Protecting your BLEND with Encription into a Binary file :slight_smile:

Where do you save this folder and the bgelauncher.py file???
I couldn’t find it in the User preferences… :frowning:
Please respond :slight_smile:

Its not a folder, its a single file, 1 file, everything else its not needed.

Anywhere, somewhere, the file is location agnostic, just run it with Python.

is the python separated out for GPL?

• GPLv3+ and LGPLv3+ Licences.
  • Any other you want will be added if you open a Bug.

Will this grab linked libraries?

This not.
Nuitka does.

BTW this still active…,
I added Pretty Colors for Logs and Standard Output, Log File on Temporary Folder, all Coding best practices pass ok,
all Cross-Platform, all Encrypted, all Single-EXE, all Free No-Cost, all Blender Versions, all suggestions will be added.

Thank you for your work,

any way to add a system to show a splash screen of the game with start and options and have a menu screen texture select-able by the game maker as well?

So the game looks professional?

Mmm…, you can add a start and options and have a menu screen texture select-able by the game maker…,
you just need to add 1 CSS file and 1 texture file as background-image, a CSS for Qt, a.k.a. QSS, just like a theme of any other HTML,
I will add an optional QSS example file to the repo.

For reference (or even copying themes),
look at this Open Source Radio Player App that uses Qt with Themes:

about the linked files,

just add a instruction,

select all

objects -> make all objects local

this removes the need for Linked files

• This got Updated today with a new Updater that Downloads updates from the Internet.
  • You can Adapt it to Auto-Update your Game too.

That is a powerful feature,

how i can use it?

tutorial please! :smiley: