akeytsu by nukeygara- new 3d animation software

https://vimeo.com/101075654

akeytsu, an innovative 3D program dedicated to animation

Developed by nukeygara, akeytsu is a brand new 3D program dedicated solely to character animation and rigging, for the animation and video games industries.

simplicity, velocity and ergonomics

With its artistic-oriented approach, akeytsu breaks up classic standards of current broad-based solutions by providing a new workflow built on simplicity, velocity and ergonomics.

Artistic tools used to be conceived by engineers, thus demonstrating a level of complexity inconsistent with artist users. This time is over.

“We will give power back to artists with software fitting to them.”

They will easily find their bearings because it is designed specifically for their needs.

It looks sleek and innovative :slight_smile:

Definitely checking this out at Siggraph!

The first things I notice are an apparent overlay of F-curves on top of the viewport and some large fancy widget.

Though I guess we till need to wait what SIGGRAPH conference goers think to determine if it’s going to be as big a breakthrough in animation as anticipated. Though it looks like on the website they might already have something interesting with their new IK solving system and stacker widget.

So, you’ll have a sort of virtual mouse that you control with your real mouse to rotate the body around? Hmm, I’m no expert, but that doesn’t seem very comfortable …

Between this and Ansovin Rig Tools I’m looking forward to seeing the whole rigging/animation scene get shaken up. It’s been stagnant for too long.

I’m kinda skeptical about the widget they use to pose the character. Looks very awkward to use but I guess we’ll see what works on Siggraph.

I agree wholeheartedly - rigging needs its own zBrush revolution, as modeling did.

Yeah, it seems that rigging and animation workflows haven’t evolved much since I started animating in the early 2000’s with Animation Master. Of course AM was way ahead of its time in that respect and had NLA, smartskin and the auto rigs (Setup Machine) before other packages.

When you consider the evolution of modelling via Zbrush, 3dCoat etc and rendering tech (Octane, Arnold, Cycles, Redshift), it is a bit sad to look at the current state of rigging. Some of the inhouse tools of R&H with the Voodoo tech and the recent videos of Dreamworks/Pixars animation tools do point in a positive direction. We just need those sort of workflows available in mainstream packages. Not sure what is happening with Voodoo, as the recent hype seems to have died. Maybe something will be revealed at Siggraph?

Looks absolutely fantastic.

Looks great! After some searching I’ve found that the default file format for launch will be FBX. Very interesting stuff.

I would buy a license if it runs on linux and its affordable for the indie guys. But what am I talking about, its not even out yet!

That interface sure looks damn sexy

looks like second lifes posing system :smiley:

This thread is a year old… Somehow I got the feeling akeytsu didn’t bring the animation revolution we hoped for?

Looks similar to Sega’s Animanium, also a really neat animation tool. Never got any traction in the market either, but it was really sleek and well designed.

The idea of selecting body parts directly without having to display or select the underlying bones is great. Pixar’s Presto lets you do that too. Would be great to have such a feature in Blender. Bones can be visually distracting, and hard to select when inside character meshes.

Akeytsu is available for public only since two weeks.

It is kind of hard to expect a revolution in the 3D market when majority of programs even most amazing tools like ZBrush had to be developed for years till they got the critical mass and took the crown of being the industry standard.

Many artists will also wait with using or trying it out, till a critical mass of people are already using it and making kick ass stuff with it…
additionally how the company updates the tool and many other factors for being unsure/reluctant as an artist to try out a new tool.

In the meantime, there is a free beta as well as 14 video tutorials available which are for free, a manual and a fresh and new forum available.

MODO 901 now has Command Regions. The way it works is that you can set any polygon selection as a Command Region and redirect it to the rig controls you want to affect, as well as activate any MODO command you want upon clicking that Command Region.
For example, you can select all the polygons of an upper arm and set it as a Command Region that then directs to the upper arm control and automatically activates the rotate tool. The animator doesn’t have to see any locators, controls or joints anymore - simply click on the mesh parts they want to animate.

This video demonstrates it briefly in the beginning:

I think it’s brilliant and I’m already using it with great joy in my MODO rigs. :slight_smile:

Re: Akeytsu - I’ve tried the beta but it goes completely crazy when I try to navigate the viewport. I use a Wacom tablet and don’t even have a mouse here at work. Their website says this:

I tried the suggested setting in the Preferences but nothing changed. For now this is unusable for me.

I’m very interested in it and really want to see more innovation in the rigging and animation world.
I can’t help thinking that overlaying the curves in the main 3D viewport is the dumbest UI decision I’ve seen in ages though.

@ @motorsep,

Hi that is a good idea, will do when I have more collected files/cases for making a proper and heopfully for developers helpful bug report. :slight_smile:

right now simple meshes (a closed tube) with a rig can get imported into Blender
but Blender so far doesn´t seem to load the created ik from akeytsu…

@(/u/Chris_Offner
[/B)
Wacom support can be activated via this step;

go into your preferences, and activate
‘Show mouse cursor when dragging’

here is a picture

I think using default rig that comes with Nukeygara is the best thing to do. This way Blender and Nukeygara team are on the same page.

Bug report + file is now available

Akeytsu’s main developer is hanging around blenderartist once in a while. Feel free to ask him some questions or share your impressions of the software :slight_smile:

Where is akeytsu’s official forum? I wonder if it has one yet…