Saving image file AFTER render and compositing

There seems to be no relevant help on the Google for this.
I am running Blender 2.71

I have rendered an image, then went into compositing, set up nodes the way I want them, and now I want to export the image that I am seeing, WITH compositing and everything, to an image file.

I can save an image from the original render, but that won’t include all the changes I made in compositing.

I can add the Output -> File Output node, but the only thing it has is an “Image” input, and a place to specify the output directory. WHY would there be a node for output to a file if it doesn’t give you any way to freaking use it???

Anyways I just want to output the rendered image with all of its compositing and post-render effects. How I do this?

Either press Render again or save your original render to an image file and load it into the compositor with an Image Input node. Use this in place of the render layer node.

If you don’t want to use a file output node just save the final rendered image from the Image menu in the render result window

Show us what you have, ideally by supplying an example blend file

I often just set the UV IMage Editor to show Viewer, and then use the F3 button there to save the Viewer result with the changes made via compositor, and I often save several iterations before I settle on one.

You can press Shift-R in your node editor (Node: Read Full Sample Layers) to make File Output nodes save your compositions.

In the compositing node editor, check the Auto Render tick box and press F12. Save the image to the desired location. If you give a file output node, the image will be saved to the specific location in your node. Either way you need to check the autorender tick box.

I cannot seem to save my renders as an image. F3 only brings up the option of saving ‘as screenshot’, which screenshots the whole page.

Check your shortcuts if you are not using the default shortcuts or just use the Image / Save as Image menu in the render window

Sorry for reviving this topic but I wasn’t aware of this but I think this is the Answer?

blender_2019-12-21_23-56-02

1 Like

I do not see any option in Node property for saving images. I checked 2.79 and 2.8 and 2.82:

What could I be doing wrong?

[EDIT]
Nevermind I found the solution in this video

You use the UV image editor, but you must firt select “Viewer Node” from the dropdown menu.

The button for the viewer node is part of the Node Wrangler addon, which is included with Blender but needs to be enabled.

1 Like