Wine In The Evening

Do you like wine?

It all started as an simple exercise. All I wanted to do was to create a realistic looking fake-glassmaterial with realistic looking fake-caustics.
Then I thought it would be cool to have a table and a window and then things took it’s course…

I wasted too much time on this render, just because I had no concept and no idea to begin with.
And now, finally, after countless hours it’s done. Well… not really, but I just can’t look at it anymore.

Now it is what it is and I’m sharing this image with you, hoping to get feedback and critique from you guys.
I hope you like it.

I like the image a lot, it has this very warmth feeling about having a nice evening with some friends or family in some kind of “country” house. I dont really know how to say “non-city-house” but, yeah…i believe you are getting my point. The props that build this image are very well placed, it really seems a normal situation and not a forced 3d image.

About the glass material, it does seem good to me, probably because you are the author you are not satisfied so you could probably explain a bit more what were u trying to get. Maybe the shadow is the odd thing here?

Looks good to me either. I like the whole feeling of the picture, five stars definitely.

I think it is pretty good. All the materials looks realistic and i am impressed that you made so you can see that someone who has just eaten of plate. Only criticism I have is that I would have put the camera so the wine bottle is vertical.
But very nice work.

Thank you for your kind words! Im really happy to hear that you like the image.

@Alvarocgi
I put really much effort into creating the glassmaterial and it turned out exactly as I wanted. But after optimizing the rendersettings for render, the glassmaterial was significantly darker than before (while the rest of the scene wasn’t) and my efforts turned out to be kinda wasted… so i had to render the wineglasses again and had to seperatly fix them in post. That’s one of the things my disstatisfaction was based on.

“Making Of” put together for the portfolio.

Looks great!

they spilled the wine! what a waste!
i hate it when people make comments like these (too nit-picky) but with the curvature of the knocked over glass you might see some wine still nestled in the bottom of the glass… and the spillage could be wetter!

has a great feel though! love it!

Totally agree. Beautiful render, I like the feel of the picture! I also like the modelling of the plates. Do you know where i can buy these? ;-).

Someone spilled the wine…On that note…you got any beer? :smiley:

Great work here. I think it is a very warm and inviting scene. Awesome work!!

Sehr schön Very nice:D

Wow, thank you guys! :o

naah, your comment is justified! You are right! Thank you for your feedback!

Started seperately rendering some of the objects in the scene. Started with the wineglasses.

Great job on this!