Stereoscopic Conversion Demo WIP

This is a WIP of a 2D to 3D Stereoscopic conversion done entirely in Blender using a plugin that I am developing (Point Convert 3D). The 2D source is time lapsed stock footage of flowers opening up. I’ve converted about 75% of the content in frame, and I’m currently finishing up the final rotos and clean plates, and then will need to place them in depth. I also need to go back in and do some clean plate tweaks, to fix the stereo artifacting.

UPDATE: finished placing entire shot in depth, only thing left is some stereo artifact cleanup.

Anaglyph: for easier viewing

Interesting timelapse
I research and work with anaglyph, 2D to 3D transforming photos with GMIC and depth maps.
With Blender needed something like this.
Have well advanced addon?
If you want I can make several tests
good job

The addon has come a very long way, and is now open to everyone for beta testing at pointconvert3d.com. We are currently working on documenting all of the features and creating tutorial videos. Check it out, and let me know what you think. It’s very cool, to meet people interested in stereoscopic conversion.

It would be nice to have a documentation or a manual, how to proceed with an image and a sequence.
It is very different from the tools I’ve used so far to work with stereoscopy.
Looks excellent. I was impressed by the three-dimensionality of the examples 2.5D
And the example of the flowers is a great idea to show the potential of this tool
Thanks for your work