Challenge #578 (07/18/14) Entries OPENED

Theme #578 for Friday 18th of July 2014 is: Flying Machines

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 21st of July 2014.

wait, wasn’t this last week’s topic?

lol, surely ppl know what this word means!?!

Anyway, if no topic submitted by 12pm GMT (approx 36mins from now), i’ll select an old topic…

Right, topic chosen by using mod 500…

I’m out for the rest of the day, so, so be it…

Rather than saying “Theme is: Pending”, it’d be much less confusing to say “The theme is currently undecided and will be updated when it is chosen”. Obviously most people (myself included) thought you meant the theme was in fact “Pending”.

Decision on verbiage change: Pending.

Now this will be a tuff one:)

Quite a gobful when there’s a succinct single word which fits :wink:

Also i’ve done the PENDING thing since I took over two and a half months ago… I can’t wait for someone to actually choose PENDING as the topic :spin:

How about if the word is PENDING is in all caps (which I think he already does) means a theme hasnt been chosen…if written as “Pending” then it would be someones actual theme? (And hopefully not anytime soon lol)

Although, I admit I was a little confused too.

The problem is not the word “pending”, it is when the tread is created. If rarebit waits until the category is establish to create a new thread there will be less confusion. rarebit please don’t take this the wrong way, it is just a suggestion. I am grateful for the time you have taken to keep the challenge going, its just confusing for any newbies and/or non-newbies.

I look forward to seeing everyone’s entries this week, good luck!

Finally a reason to try out Michalis’ technique of sculpting with displacements.

The new U.S.A.F. PA-13 fighter craft. Modeled after the ubiquitous paper airplanes children have been making for years, the PA-13 is capable of extreme elevations and speed.

Blender Internal and compositing in Blender. Background is a blurred sunset photo add in the compositor. Only post is adding text and borders in paint.net.

Attachments

I’m sorry for this question, but I am new in this forum and I want to participate in this challenge. Have I to register to this competition or can I just post picture of what I’ve done?

You just post something by Monday

Hi everyone!
Here’s my entry for this week, pure. Modeled in Blender 2.69. Rendered in Cycles.

I hope you like it.

I never really take offense, unless its really really offensive :wink:

I started opening the thread straight away so that there is a place to discuss if the topic is submitted late, also because i’m studying and have limited access to the net during the day so its a whole lot easier to just put the topic in rather than put in all the gumf. Also I started opening it early to try and raise tension / awareness, get those viewer stats up… When I finish studying i’m even considering how to get some sponsorship, but that’s another story, even to the point of “do we want sponsorship?” and the technicalities of it staying fair, etc…

The other thing i’ve not mentioned is that it’d be nice if people linked any Weekend Challenge WIP’s here and vice versa.

TBH I think this confusion will now pass since its been raised, but, keep posting comments (or PM me) if anyone wishes or has opinions and we’ll see… Debate is good :wink:

heres my entry “Dragonfly Drone”

So… here is my “Space house” :slight_smile:

My entry work “Space House”

Powered Paper Airplane

SEE60, I love that airplane! I want it.

This is a piece I created with blender. It’s rendered with Mitsuba, which is my new favorite renderer of awesomeness. Some post in PS.

“Space Gaze”