Candles and more

What should i change ?

I can’t see what it is in the picture in the frame, and I don’t understand what the image itself is, or what it means. The background is pitch black, so maybe try adding a dark image background out of focus, or some 3D elements, also out of focus. I like the fire, the candles and the fly in the yellow candle. The pipe could have more details maybe. The edges of the yellow candle also have some issues.

it should be a calm and warm image with colours that matches the colours and mood of the melancholic image in the frame.
background: would a hdri map be the best solution? hmm…i don´t want too many objects in the scene (dont want to “overload” it)
or maybe i set the focus close to the frame and yellow candle so that the red one is blurry ? i´ll try to add some details to the pipe, good proposal! :slight_smile: your right with the edges^^ the right candle seems to have a problem at one edge too (too bright-red colour)
thx!

this is a really cool image, it would be important to remember that candles originally are a very weak source of light, you may want to consider somehow adding off camera sources of light to increase the visibility of the scene.

Even if u can´t see them, there are a lot more then only 2 light sources :wink:
I think the scene is too boring, (meanwhile i think) there are to few elements (maybe i should add something like a lighter or a tobacco packet^^) and the shadows are too light(weak?) Maybe some better materials and colors would change the image to a better, too.
But unfortunately I havent got much time for blender because of school and preperation for the time after school :frowning:
Thanks for the reply! :slight_smile: