[addon] Blenchmark - Cycles Benchmark addon with central database

Hello all,

In the past weeks I made an addon for blender called “Blenchmark”. With this addon you can benchmark your CPU or GPU in cycles. When benchmarking is done, you can view your results and/or send them to central database. All of this can be done from within Blender.

All of these results are made visible at a website I made for this. At this moment the website is hosted on a subdomain in my own website, but when this addon is being used frequently i’ll move it to a domain of it’s own.

Thanks to the members of the Dutch Blender Community forum the addon has been tested, but it needs some more testing. You can view some benchmarks or download the addon from: http://blenchmark.com

If you find any bugs, have any suggestions or remarks: please let me know by posting them here or use the contact form on the website.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

P.S. The scene used in the addon is made by Mike Pan (mikepan.com)

Great work! This looks like it could be something vary useful. Perhaps it would be a good idea to allow for different benchmark scenes to be used. This will allow for different features to be tested and benchmarked(for example the Mike Pan scene dose not have any volumetrics witch could effect the render time differently on different devices). Then in the statistics on the web-site you could say witch scene was used for the benchmark.

Keep up the good work!

I released a new version of the addon. I fixed some bugs and mac os is supported now. for more details visit mad-creations.nl/blenchmark.

Kind regards!

Wow I think this is amazing, but … how can you see if it where with multiple cards?

I find it highly unlikely that a gtx 750 beat Titan Black? (if you check the overview as it is today 15:th Aug)

If I can give a request, comparison as many vendor sites has. So you can compare a gtx 780 6gb vs Titan Black 6gb.

Today i released a new version of this addon. Mainly I added 3 things:

1. the first thing adresses the problem described above. The addon handles multiple cards and shows them correctly.
  2. The Tile size addon won’t mess up the result anymore. It will be automatically disabled (after showing a warning).
  3. The addon has version control. It checks online for the current addon version and compares is to its own version. You wont be able to benchmark if the versions doesn’t match.

Happy benchmarking!
Mark

P.S. The addon is not extensively tested. Please report issues here or on the Blenchmark website: mad-creations.nl/blenchmark. Thanks in advance!

Your Link shows an Error !

Hoi Thomas,

That was an old link. I changed it, so now its working again!
Thank you for your feedback!

Mark

I just made the blenchmark addon 1.0.5 available. This update mainly consists of changes made to gain more control over the benchmark results. The following changes were implemented:

• If the render scene is changed in the current session, you can’t benchmark. When you try, the scene will be reloaded. After that benchmarking is possible again.
  • If the .blend contains saved changes, you won’t be able to benchmark.
  • I decided to take control over what version is used to benchmark, every one will be forced to use version 1.0.5 now.
  • The benchmark sends the addon version and devicetype (gpu or cpu) with the results to benchmark.com.This way the cpu and gpu charts are updated automaticly.
  • The results are sent to benchmark.com now, and not to the old website anymore. The old site will be deleted anytime soon.
  • I changed some texts in the in the addon.
  • I cleaned the blender interface. Less headers are present.

I also made some changes to the website Blenchmark.com. As always, the addon is somewhat tested, but not extensively. Please report any bugs and I will squash them as soon as possible.
I’m planning to make the next update about the scene itself. I’d like to add gpu and cpu optimized scenes. Maybe some extra scenes to benchmark the newer cards better. This way the differences between newer cards are better visible. Mike Pan gave me permission to use his new BMW scene for benchmarking, so I will replace the “old” one.
Kind regards and happy benchmarking!
Mark