Best 3D printer for use with blender

I’m planning on possibly getting a 3D printer that I can use to print models I create in blender.

Does anybody know of any good printers that have a decent compatibility with blender models?

Anything under $1500 works.

1 Like

You don’t need to look for compatibility. Like most 3d applications blender can export in the standard formats that all domestic 3d printers can use.

Yeah. It’s essentially like asking what the best printer is for using MS Word.

As a practical matter, all 3D modeling programs can produce the file formats used by 3D printers. So it is best to choose the 3D printer (and modeling program) based upon your printing needs, not trying to find some arbitrary links to Blender.

1 Like

Hey,

If you are still active and don’t mind responding on a 7 year old post: did you buy the printer? How did the model printing go? Can you share some images? Also looking to buy a 3d printer.

o.k. I`m not perfectchaos but maybe close… :wink: hope it helps you cheed…

if you are looking for a cheap and really good 3D printer:

https://www.creality.com/goods-detail/cr-10-v2-3d-printer

sorry for advertising … :wink: it is just my advice to start with good and pro 3D printing and going further.

The only thing you have to know about 3D printing is that you have to prepare your printer as good as you can before every new print… It is all the same with all (expensive and “cheap” printers) One thing is that you have to clean and prepare everything before you start a new print. Don’t just take the nice printed model of the Table and print again. This is one rule for all 3D Printers. Keep everything clean always. Also know or learn how to clean mechanical parts like the nozzle and the bed and know where problems can be. For example the filament supply. Needs some time but then the results are really good and constant. You do not need extra special sensors an mechanics. To level the bed manually needs the same time as you have to do on an automatic device. …And you can setup a new print really fast.
The most important things for 3D Printing are a good contact spray for the bed, some experience with temperatures (nozzle and bed) needed for the filament ( it is mostly about 205 for nozzle and 40-60 for the bed)(°C). And some tricks for cleaning you will figure out.For example cleaning the nozzle without heating makes no sense… etc. And that’s it. Sounds not that easy but it is. Just some experience…some prints… and a bit of time… Just my knowledge and experience after 6 years and lots of prints :wink: it is no witchcraft and easy to get into…

hope it helps :wink: happy blending and printing…

If you are making prototypes, a filament printer is best, but the process has many limitations that you need to work around. If you are printing more organic or sculpted models, like D&D figurines, a resin printer is probably a better buy, as it has fewer issues with overhangs and small details, also the smoother surface is easier to paint. Buy the best printer you can afford. Be prepared to fiddle, a LOT and look after your filament and keep it dry, if you go the FDM route…

I bought a Creality Ender 3 V2, is was cheap and the V2 has quieter steppers and upgraded board. I am fairly happy with the printer.

if you don’t want to spend time fiddling with the printer as much then i would get an original prusa.

FYI Cura has a community plugin that allows you to open .blend files directly, although I haven’t had need to use it yet, as all my prototyping work is done in OpenSCAD…