How to render skyboxes in blender Cycles?

Hello!

I’m currently making a game in unity and I need a skybox.
As I can’t find any to my liking on the web I need to create it myself, so naturally I chose Blender for this.

I’ve got everything set up: Planets, Stars and a Sun. All I have to do is figure out how to render it.
I know that there are a lot of tutorials out there for Blender Internal, but to be honest I really have no idea how to do it even after reading all the tutorials.

Any help regarding how to render a skybox from my current scene would be appreicated!

this one maybe?

or u can place an unwraped cube (with sub-d on it) in the middle of ur scene with 100% reflective material and bake it?

I’m searching this topic as a mad man - so far with no luck. And I want to use Cycles!

Did you have any luck?

** Unity Skybox rendered in Blender Cycles **
– (Not spheres, and not rendered in BI/BR)–

Here it is:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Understanding_the_Camera#Specifying_the_Field_of_View

Camera can be set to 90 degrees, see boottom of the page - now just set up an animation with 90 degrees steps of the camera :slight_smile:

Same question as in the other thread :smiley: : Would it be useful to have a “cubemap panorama” option for the Cycles camera? Coding it in is quite easy…

Yer, lukasstockner97! That would be awesome!!
Because having to animate is sometimes quite annoying, when you are at the same time doing for instance clouds as particles - and you want that one single frame captured as 6 images…
So that would be really nice!