Basic Workflow outline for cleaning/combining various 123D catch meshes+UVs?

Hi there - I’ve been playing with Autodesk’s 123D Catch, which I have to say is pretty darn cool, however I have yet to get a complete catch of an object in a single session.

My idea is therefore to try combine the meshes and textures from several catches into a single mesh whilst merging the textures into a single UV map, but I am having trouble finding the right tutorial for this, I’ve tickled Blender a few times over the years but am still wet behind the ears and wonder if someone could just point me in the right direction or give me the lingo/terms I need to be searching for.

The problems I have are as follows:
a) each single catch mesh can have multi UV maps - I’d really like to merge these into a single UV for the object.

b) Once I’ve combined the meshes again I’d like to create a single map for the now single mesh, so I guess this is the same problem as a.

Oh and my plan is to retopo the separate meshes to help simplify the stitching process (I was thinking of using 3D Coat here unless anyone can suggest a better alternative).

Anyway - any help would be very much appreciated.

Very Many thanks in advance.

Joe.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Modeling”

For a and b, maybe you can have some success baking those textures to a single map. But depending on how your retopologizing goes, the unwrap for that may need to be heavily tweaked to match your baking.