work for professional

someone bring in some good pointer from other topic about how you can get into the 3d field if you are good enough, but how you know if you are “good enough” or not? (I figure i will create a new topic instead of off topic talk on the other thread)

I don’t think there’s a specific unit of measurement for calculating how good your CG skill is, but the most common way employed by people is to create a demo reel of their work and show it off to potential employers or clients.

Generally, if they see the type of quality they are looking for, they might then decide to contact you and offer you contract work or a paid contract at their company.

Now the sheer number of employment opportunities then may depend on how vast your skillset is (like some may be well versed in more than one major area such as still rendering, animation, video sequencing ect…).

requiring 3D Max or Maya is definitely a showstoper…

Autodesk has a tendency to give out personal learning editions for free for those who just need to show they can use it before they get a seat provided by the employer. Have you tried looking through their site on how to get one?

Otherwise, you can always get into the freelancing business which would probably allow you to control what app. you use.

I will check it out, thanks for the info.
However, I wonder if blender is good tool for working in professional setting? Or do most company don’t acknowledge it?
I don’t mean animation where you need to stay on their software but still image

I think, If you watch how others in your office operate, you’ll learn all sorts of important things about “how we do things here.” For instance, you might observe that everyone shows up precisely on time for meetings, that they modulate their voices when others are on the phone, and that people rely on email for non-urgent questions. These are important signals for what will be expected of your own behavior – and you’ll come across as tone-deaf if you ignore them.