Simple game runs at 8fps

This is my first shot at the BGE. It is a simple game, made entirely with logic bricks. Now the point is while the game has basically around 6 different models and very simple logic bricks commands, it runs at 8fps or less.

I was wondering, is there something Im doing wrong? Or is it just that my PC is a piece of sh*t and I should give up my dreams of game developing with this crap?

Do you speaks spanish? I see you properties are named with spanish words. I speak spanish.

See the frame rate information, see the physics, that value is extremely high! maybe a blend file would be great, or more information about the setup, especially about the your physic configuration. Also, what are the specs of you computer?

I speak spanish as well haha

Anyways, it looks to be that the problem your having is with the physics since it’s at 94%

It could be that you have too many objects that need physics calculated.
But I can’t tell just by looking at the screen, a .blend would be better.

As a matter of fact, si hablo español.

Heres the blend file, in case anyone can help: test2D_01.blend (688 KB)

Now, my PC specs:

• Processor: AMD E-350 Processor
  • RAM: 4.00 GB
  • Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics

Is it that bad?

Nope, it’s not bad.

I think it has to do with the character physics and the bounds. Changing from character to dynamic, the FPS goes up to 60, and taking of the collision bounds, does the same.

That’s really weird, hopefully someone more knowledgeable with the character physics can fill you in. I’ve personally never used it.

Ah que raro, todavía no entiendo bien esto de la física aquí en Blender. ¿Tu que tipo de física usas?

You need to change the physics type of the collision panels on the cube to “sensor”. At the moment they’re processing collisions with the character as it uses a different form of motion to rigid bodies.

That also works, but it also makes it unable for the player to grab coins/hit the coins cube. Changing the player physics from character to dynamic worked as well, but it makes the player unable to jump. What can I do here?

test2D_01.blend (671 KB)
It seems to be related to the character controller avoiding collisions. I simplified it and implemented messages rather than direct collision test for the player.

That’s… perfect. Thanks!

Could you explain (in detai) what you did in order to fix the character and the coin boxes?