Helping With the Blender Wiki

Hi everyone,

I’m pretty new to Blender but I’m diligently spending time every day going through the Blender Wiki page by page in order to gain a good understanding of this great software. Being new as I am, I occasionally find portions of the Blender Wiki that aren’t explained well, (to a newby like myself) and I think I can bring that perspective to good use in improving the Wiki. For instance on the Groups and Parenting page where it talks about choosing bones during weight paint mode to see what their influence is, I spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out how to choose bones while in weight paint mode. You can’t do it in the 3D window, (unless I’ve missed something). You can however chose them in the vertex groups panel. If that had been noted in the wiki it would have saved me a lot of time. That’s just a simple example where I think my noobness could help improve the documentation.

So my question is, how do I contact the admins for the wiki to offer to help out?

You have. A couple pre-qualifiers:

• Your mesh is correctly associated (via Armature modifier) with your armature
  • Your armature is in Pose mode
  • Your mesh is in Weight Paint mode

Simply right click (assuming you’re using Blender defaults) the bone in the 3D View. This is easier if the armature is set to use Xray display.

Now… to answer your bigger question, it’s a wiki… so you can participate yourself. I suggest subscribing to the bf-docboard email discussion list as well as join the #blenderwiki channel on freenode (IRC).