help needed with fire simulation

hey guys , I have one question. how do i reduce the automatic wind influens on fire sim ? ,

let me explain . I have a mesh that is the fire source, and i have parentet it to a character that moves.

when it moves the fire burns in the same time and becouse of the speed of the character the fire dont burn up but on the side , it creates a tail sort of speak.

My question is ,.is there a way to influens the fire so that it wont create such a big tail

the object the character is holding is a torch ,i have tryied to apply a forcefield wind all the way to 2000 to point up but it doesent help.

would be very glade if anybody has any tips.

cheers / Johan

Fire does this naturally, see fire dancers, for example. You can try increasing the temp difference setting on the domain to make the flames rise faster. But personally, I’d just run with it, try enabling “initial velocity” on the flame emitter to get a bit more of a realistic movement.

If I’m interpreting it correctly then your particle lifetime is too long. Also you could be rendering fire+smoke from the emitter object.

hey guys thx for answering , ye ived tryied most of that , and im sort of happy now , : ) the thing that enoid me was that when i was filming in front of the character i coulldent see the fire becouse it was behind my torch due to the speed of the character.

thx for your time guys ! :slight_smile:

You should reduce it size of storage.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Particles and Physics Simulations”