TV on the net

I put a hdmi cabel from my computer to the TV in the other room so I can play internet cartoons for the kid. Problem is I can not control the TV screen as I can not see it well from here. I need a window on my monitor to monitor the TV from my computer monitor.

Or a couple of mirrors. :wink:

I don’t know how this has anything to do with Blender, but I might be able to help.

Let me get this right: you are sending out HDMI out of Computer One and into an input jack of an HDTV. Now you need to view exactly what’s on the TV screen on the screen of Computer One?

First you will have to make sure your computer has the hardware that allows it to RECIEVE a video signal. This can be Aux., S Video, HDMI, and others. If you are using a MAC, look for a firewire jack: those will do the job. However, with the other types, it just depends on the make of the computer. Most will be OUTPUT jacks though.

If you have access to one of these jacks, obtain a cord that connects it to an OUTPUT jack on your TV. If this doesn’t work, either your cord is broke or you mixed up the send/recieve thing.

Finally, once you’ve got your network all hooked up and you’re sure everything’s right, you need some software on your computer.

Odds are, if this works at all, a program will come preloaded that can read the input signal. Don’t bother going through the system preferences or control panel. Video editing will commonly have this capability, for example: Windows Movie Maker and imovie (not worthy of capitalization…)

If you can’t find anything, it shouldn’t be too hard to find a package on the internet.

Hope this helps.

“you need some software” I just need software. That is why I posted here. Thanks

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

If you haven’t yet found anything, could you tell us what OS you are using and what type of video input?

Then myself and/or someone else around here can come up with some suggestions.

I am assuming imovie and WMM aren’t working?