Action actuator priority problem in BGE

Ok, this has always been a problem for me since i started with blender at around version 2.62.

I have a 3rd person moving character which has a physics object, armature and a model with two animations(idle and run), The idle pose has an always sensor with a priority of 1, the run animation gas a keyboard sensor with a priority of 0. When standing still his idle animation plays and when moving his run animation plays, when he stops the run animation stops but it does not play his idle animation again.

Both playback types are loop-stop.

Thanks for your time.:slight_smile:

The blend file upload isnt working so i will give you a screenshot of the logic setup

Wait, i worked it out…

Enable true pulse triggering, works fine!

Try this, set both idle and run action priority to 0, put idle in layer 0 in its actuator and put run in layer 1.

Your setup does not work because when BGE starts simulation it plays idle action with priority 1 (while no higher priority actions taking place), as soon as you trigger keyboard sensor, a higher priority action (run, priority 0), once it got played, the lower priority action could not take over any longer. That’s my understanding. Hope it helps.