State Machine contest

I have a BGE project that will be using a state machine to handle animations. I have a rigged character with animations and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a contest to see who can come up with the “best” state machine to handle these animations. I would provide full criteria and there would be a time limit. The core principles are simplicity and modularity. At the end of the contest, we would collectively judge the entries to determine whose implementation best fits the criteria. Would anyone be interested in such a thing?

I have no choice but to assume that the 150+ views are all no’s. Anyone have any input?

I’m interested, however I don’t know any python. Will the winner get their name in the credits?

I just model, but I’m always up for a challenge! :smiley:

I’m down to enter and help code, but if it’s just me and geo…

I feel we could do better working together then against.

Thanks guys, that makes four us; me, Geo, Joey, and Blue. Why are there only 2 votes for yes and one of them is me?

@Geo; Knowledge of python is not required for this event. There will be a base template which uses python, but you will never have to look at it if you don’t want to. That combined with your animations will be everyone’s starting point.

@Joey; Great!, I am counting on you guys to make this fun so let’s give it our best!

@Blue; That’s the beauty of it, we all compete to do our best and learn from each other. It’s my favorite way of working together.

On that note, feel free to team up if you want. It doesn’t have to be a solo project.

This will be the final call for joining this event. If there is anyone interested in participating, please let me know.

Okay… Did I miss this? Sorry, I totally forgot about it :frowning: If I didn’t miss it, let me know :smiley: PS: The other vote “Yes” is mine :wink: