Jim Carey Animation

Finaly finished my animation, but dissapointed in so many areas. Next time i do character animation ill keep it shorter.

That is funny and it looks great! Improve on the sky environment and you may have something there!

oh, i wasnt trying to get a good render, just character animation. Thanks for the comment.

That one’s pretty ambitious! Fast talking, combined with the expectation of capturing Cary’s heavily animated facial expressions

pretty cool, I like the motion in 14-16 sec ^^

I would also like to add that the shadows and reflection on the car were rendered at a lower res then compositied. I have a slow cpu!

Hey there! It does need some improving…but it’s getting there. Maybe some time from now you go back to it.

For short animations why not download 11SecondClub sound clips? They’re only 11 seconds(duh!).

With such a short time, it allows you to focus more on each part instead of going bezerk with a loooooong clip. (I know I just loose it on long clips)

Cheers!

I agree with you entirelypacomaro, thats exactly what i said to myself 11 second club or something similar. You can realy get bogged down on lengthy animations if you trying to make it look good, and expanding your knowledge into other stuff i think will improve my story telling capacity.

Cheers!

Personally, I just want to do as many different ones as I can. I think that’s the best way to improve because I have the chance to “taste” as many genres as I can. With 5 completely different 11seconclub clips I can get nearly a minute’s worth of animation with several ideas go through my mind, instead of just a long, possibly terrible, one.

By the way, if you can, check my two personal threads (they’re recent) - I be in need of reviews!

do not worry it is nice animation.are you first time in animation.You got the goodand bad parts of your animation so next time you can make the good animation.I like your animation.

It is really great. I saw you have done near perfect. Wow you are going to introduce your self as a 3D artist… best of luck.

im not sure what is meant by near perfect, i can assure you its not. But thanks for the comment!

I think you did an awesome job on this, it sounds like you may be your own worse critic.

If you plan on incorporating these animations into a reel (which you should) then I would devote additional time to really making the environment top notch as well. I know you mentioned previously that you were just concerned with the character animation, but a little extra time on the surroundings would be well worth the effort in my opinion.

you are right, but i feel that doing aniamtion for money takes some of the enjoyment out of it. But who knows maybe one day i create a demo reel.