Backspace with italics, underline

Hi everyone,

I have reported this before, but I can’t recall (nor find the thread) the reason that it wasn’t addressed.
When changing the formatting of the text from italics, bold or underlined to normal styling, it seems that the editor will recall the cursor to the boundary position when backspace is pressed.

To see this for yourself, write a message as such:

Hello everyone,

it seems to me that …"

When you press backspace after the “seems to me” extract, the cursor will move back to the end of “me” and delete the “e” character. This is rather irritating, anyone else experiencing this? Google Chrome 35.0.1916.153, Windows 7 64 bit

Doesn’t seem to be happening with Firefox. Maybe it’s an issue with your browser or OS? Have you tested on something else?

Also, which editor are you using (basic, advanced, etc.)?

It happens with both advanced and basic editors. In addition I have noticed that editing posts throws some PHP (I assume) errors regarding passing variables by reference.

The PHP issue is known and being looked into. As for the other issue, I’m having a hard time reproducing it. Would you mind sharing the exact steps you take?

I shall record a video, but essentially input italic text, change to normal formatting (remove italic style) and then whenever you chose to backspace, the cursor displaces.

Confirmed in Chrome, but still not showing in Firefox.

Ubuntu 13.10 64 bit
Firefox 30
Chrome 34