Which Nvidia should I get?

I am looking to put a NVIDIA in my desktop, but I am not sure which ones will be compatible with my PC and Cycles.

I have a HP Pavillion 500, you can find it by the product number: h6u14aa#aba

Thanks for taking the time to help me!!!

It looks like it has a PCI-E 16 slot but only v2.0 so the latest cards that need 3.0 so it won’t work optimally (probably someone else can clarify this.) Also the PSU is only 300w so the fastest cards ie 580, 590, 780’s titans etc will require a PSU upgrade too because they allone draw round about 250w each.

Also it depends on your budget. My advise would be to look for a card with low wattage so yo dont have to replace your PSU too. For the price the new gtx750 ti is not so shabby a card @ £100 - £120.

Do you have a link to a specific card? Cause I Google GTX750 TI and get a bunch of different stuff.

It would be helpful if you were more specific with the model number, DogLover. I did a quick search and found that the 500 comes in several models, some of which are already loaded with nVidia cards.

Doglover, just go on amazon and look on there. I peronally like EVGA, ASUS or MSI. ASUS run really cool, EVGA offer a SC super clocked) version which will be a bit faster and MSI are just nice lol. he choice is yours really but if it was me I would go for the “EVGA NVIDIA GTX 750Ti SC” on amazon.

Cheers, Wig42

with that power supply i would think that the 750ti is your only choice. Its 60watts. I use one and for the price its pretty amazing, and ive never heard the fans spin up even when working it hard.

Like this one? http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superclock-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-3753-KR/dp/B00IDG3IDO

Well is that one what you were talking about? I want to make sure I order the right one.

I have the MSI and am happy with it. The only down side to either the MSI or the EVGA is that they are limited to the 75watts on the PCIe slot. This will limit your over clock if you choose to do that. The ASUS has an added 6 pin power connector which should in theory allow for a bit more head room when over clocking. I run my MSI stable at: Core @ 1252Mhz Mem @ 2901Mhz