2 Player Game - Need community for level creation

http://gamejolt.com/games/shooter/2-player-game/43336/

LEVEL CREATION

Download this Blendfile (open with Blender 2.77)
Google Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByDt8v1U-NO0WFpleENkOWhOSGs
Instructions for Level creation inside!
Looking forward to your levels for the game.
Easily setup new levels!

REPROGRAMMING THE GAME

So I´m reprogramming the game in pyhton, so in the end you will be able to easily create your own levels for the game.
Still a long way to go…

I created a small addictive 2 Player Game, playable on 1 Pc.
It includes 2 maps, 2 Gamemodes, Guns, Mines, Gadgets, etc…

A Video of me playing against my friend

It´s a lot of fun to play and yet simple.
Check it out and tell me what you think.

Further plans:
More Maps, more Gamemodes, Online Multiplayer (maybe)

Attachments

Looks good as far as i see it :rolleyes:.
!!! Nice work !!!

Isn’t there a limited number of keys that can be pressed at once on a keyboard? I tried making a splitscreen shooter a long time ago and this was the main problem with it, causing the other player to be unable to use a certain key. How have you gone about doing this?

I didn’t encounter this problem. The controls are very simple just walking, shooting and throwing. But i noticed sometimes i wanted to jump and he didn’t jump although i spammed the jump button. Maybe thats the problem you mean. But it’s pretty much working how i set it up.

Thanks for “Let´s Play Blender Games!” for doing a let´s play of my game ;D

Please have a look at his channel where he plays more blender games.

Id love to have that game its addictive by just watching, i should try and find this split screen script otherwise your game is very awesome :slight_smile:

Posted the Game to Gamejolt, please take a look
http://gamejolt.com/games/shooter/2-player-game/43336/

REPROGRAMMING THE GAME WITH PYHTON

Still working on it, but the good news is, when it´s done, everyone will be able to easily create their own maps for the game.

:O! Sounds pretty cool. Do you mean like a map editor?

Something like that, but not ingame though. All the important objects will be grouped and can be instanced in the new scene
Will propably good for blender beginners to just put together their own levels and test instantly. Also content for the game can be increased :D.

Working on a new Map:

Didn´t take me long to set up. Still missing furniture though.

ALSO: Level runs with 350 fps on my graphics card.

You have high GPU as far as I have seen, so that doesn’t mean much;) Yeah - I think that the island would run ~10 FPS for me in 1080p, but for oyu it is like 30 FPS or more:D

Another Map, made in 20 minutes (already playable). Proxy assets will be replaced when I find the time to model them.

Made a new Map with my Cousin. really fun to play it.
The game is slowly developing.
I added Jumppads (green plates)

BIG UPDATE

I made a new Map for the Game called the Cave:

Also I added Camos which can be changed in the menu. Game settings can now also be changed in the main menu.
Changed a lot of other things as well.
Will release a new version soon, if there is enough request :smiley:

Hey, I like your game concept and the maps you made. Looks like a really fun game to do with a friend.
But imho I think it would be cooler if the cubes were just simple characters. Because just a ‘cube’ looks too simple in comparison with the detailed maps you made.

I can’t disagreee. He should change them to something more detailed. Maybe some simple robots? Because human are very difficult to make…

I just meant some simple cartoonish characters, something like wii mario game characters…

The level design requests for higher detail and more realistic characters. That’s what I can tell you…

@adriansnetlis Dude, just let the master of games master his game making! Suggestions are fine, but here it seems like you are actually commanding him to make realistic characters. If you’ve got an idea, make your own game, don’t dictate your ideas to other people’s games.
@blenderrenderskyy: Game looks great! One tip with dark scenes (like the cave), is that making things reflective will make the scene look reflective. That’s why alot of movies look soaking wet at night. It helps the viewer to see better. Just a suggestion, I don’t really know if it’s easy to do in the bge, but i guess it doesn’t matter since your the king of bge. :slight_smile: good luck mate