Waardenburg's Syndrome woman

here is my final… What do you think? i would like to have critique feedback on it. Your comment is welcome and pleasure your thought on it… Thanks…

Beautiful!

this may sound rough but you need to learn to sculpt and bake textures, the modelling looks great, and will look perfect with some nice textures and bumpmaps, also the black in the shirt is too black, you need to know that it has volume, and you may want to add some thicknes to the shoes.

@spaced thanks!
@turkheim- first of all thank you for your honesty feedback. Let me say something… Sculpt and bake texture put on hold. The overall of project is about what I learn topology and basic texture on human clothes is my first time! If I learn sculpt first, it won’t good with human and clothes. I rather to learn topology of human first before sculpt, bake textures and bump maps. So I would fix black tshirt into volume and in fact, the converse shoe, the cloth is not thick but I did add little thick by using solidify modifier.

She looks really cool. Any way you can show your topology at work? I’m not so good at it yet, so it’d be nice to see the mesh.

Great job!

@Kajuha- thanks… I decided to show you parts of mesh what I had done with topology. So, you can see zoom of these meshes clearily instead of whole of topology. If i show you the whole of topolog, it would difficult for you to see wireframe in far distance. So here are…

Torso Topology:

Leg parts:

Hand Parts:

Foot Parts:

Last thing is foot Parts 2:

You should research into topology more. Take a look at the edgeloops of the face, they should follow the muscles and major bone edges like the jaw. You did a good start around the eye, but the nose-mouth region needs work and also the line of the jaw. Take a look at the blue and yellow loops in this picture:

Other good examples for the mouth-nose region:
http://www.thundercloud-studio.com/tutorial/MODELING/2//article_graphic/27_nose_lip_topo.jpg

Same for the rest of the body, your body looks like extruded cylinders with some vertex shifting, there are no muscle loops at all. Search the internet for some good body wireframes, look how others solve those areas.
It’s not that important if you plan just on sculpting the model, but for animation or even posing your topology is really bad.

Examples:
https://skitch-img.s3.amazonaws.com/20081029-jpxxc8cnatn4fbh6p27tijidpd.png it’s an unfinished model, but watch how he started looping around the scapula, lower ribs, connection of legs to the torso.
http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Preview/2011/07/26__11_56_41/wire2.jpg3d1e9c14-cacf-495d-bc1a-88710cd3f7b5Large.jpg
http://www.elec-intro.com/EX/05-14-11/Muscles-Arm.jpg

Search for anatomy pictures. Some naked women also wouldn’t do harm.

In the throat area you did it quite well already :slight_smile:

@ania, Thank you for your feedbacck on weak area of topology. I had looked at these resources you gave me these links… I can work on loops to make make look like muscles and bones that I am able to pose her later. Thanks or your great advices… :slight_smile:

It might be that the shirt is too dark to show shadows. But she looks too “wide” on the side view to match how thin she is on the front view.

as for topology:

You want to avoid “Pole” polygons around features that may need to move in animation. you can notice them here, as they stand out from the standard “flow” of edges. they are not “Bad” per say. and can be used to great effect, you just want to try to avoid them in areas which will undergo deformation, like the face, as it will create pinch points that look very ugly in your animations!

also:

The topology of your shoulders looks odd. but it might just be me, because i usually model in a T-pose. the 3 very closely spaced loops between the torso and the shoulder should definitely go. they will cause you great grief when you try to pose the arms. contrary to what you might imagine, less topology is more when it comes to deformations, you dont want vertices to overlap. which creates ugly flipped normals etc. one other thing, and this is the game modeler in me, but you have far too many edges making their way down the arm, that’s a good spot to use pole polys to reduce the geometry. though if this character is simply for animation, its probably ok. i would only reduce them to reduce tris count for real time rendering.

Update: I fixed the depth topology of woman’s face that seem alot better than first one. What do you think?Dave- the pole polgyen as you had seen that called “sharp edge”. It means that make edge on mesh sharply. I tried it without edge and the lip looks like little flat or smoothly curve…Yes the tshirt looks so black without any shadow on it. Actually, I use textured the black UVmap I struggled to find tool or mode to turn shadow on when it has uvmap tshirt. Any suggestion where i can turn it on? Thank you for your feedback… I am working on depth topology of shoulder and other parts are on my next list.

its not a tool. The texture is just too black. what you want is a dark grey, so the shadows can be black, and you can see them against the grey. shadows should work on their own after that!

hey @ania- Here the update: What do you think?? i had worked on depth of topology (line of bones and muscles)

here is last

Attachments