Problem with Image Attachments?

I wonder if BA is having a problem with Image attachments, or is it my browser (IE11, win 8.1)? I noticed all my image attachments were not displaying, and I looked in the WIP and gallery areas and a lot of images were missing from there too!
So I thought I would attach an image here and link the same image and see if they both display, or neither.

im having the same problem right now…
i can’t see even one image i inserted on my WIP
link in my signature

was about to complain this aswell

It looks like all images before roughly yesterday are not displaying, only newer ones show up. After I cleared my browser cache even the thumbnail images were gone. In the manage images dialog the old images aren’t displayed either.

As if millions of image attachments suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly invisible.

yes i have the same problem, i went to forum gallery sections and I cant see images. On the other hand the thread I submitted yesterday does not appear to have such problem as well as newer threads.

@kilon
Same here.
A good reason to use dropbox or something similar.
A few years now, never had an issue with dropbox.

Γεια σου Μιχάλη :slight_smile:

yeap I agree, dropbox is awesome, I am using it at work for legal documents for almost 7 years now and it has never failed. There is also Google drive that offer 7 times more space (15 Gbs free shared with your gmail account) for those with gmail or android device or any other google account software.

Yeah, very few WIP and Finished project etc…pics are displaying. It seems to be linked to the launch of the Blender Market. Worked fine until they launched that…I know they are separate sites, databases etc…

I can’t submit images or threads :frowning:

All of my sketchbook images are gone.

And . . . I use Dropbox and OneDrive. I prefer OneDrive but have my Dropbox as a backup-to-my-backup.

Wonder if there was a server issue? Hopefully the images can be repopulated. I’d hate to have to re-post everything.

For me it’s not just images. I also can’t download any blend file attachments unless they’re linked through dropbox or some other website.

None of the BA attachment stuff is working! :spin:

I emailed their support team. I hope we don’t have to re-post all our images. I had a lot online already. Not that I don’t have backups of the files but it will take some time to re-up them. Whew . . .

Hey guys,

Just getting started here on the day and thanks for the e-mail! Diving into what may be happening here and will update as I know more!

Probably 2.39 million images uploaded by kbot :wink:

Update: It does look the the attachment directory was archived by our host. I am working to restore this right now and will just take some good old time of downloading/uploading. Appreciate the patience and will continue to update here!

Update: Still downloading from the server, to re-upload the 200GB of data. If I could ask that everyone get off of the internet to allow it to go faster. :wink:

Thanks for the info, wesburke. Good to know, that you are working on it :slight_smile:

No need. I am disabling all cat videos, it should run a million times faster now for you.

@wesburke (and all others helping) - MANY THANKS! :cool:

Update: I’ve been able to pull down all of the files from the archive, though running into some issues compiling the .tar back together. Talking with Rackspace now, though running out of energy and may have to peruse this first thing in the morning. Good news is that all of the images are fine, heh just getting this data back to where it needs to be is becoming more taxing then I was expecting. Sorry about that guys and will be at it again first thing in the morning.