Studio Scene Kit PRO

Over the last few months I have been working on a product for the blender market, and have had the amazing opportunity to get it published at launch.

Studio Scene Kit PRO is a library of studio scene setups, allowing you to quickly and easily get great looking renders. The pack contains 50 preset scene setups, each containing their own unique lighting setup.

Check it out on the Blender Market: http://cgcookiemarkets.com/blender/all-products/studio-scene-kit-pro/

Thank you, and enjoy:cool:

Made a tour of Studio Scene Kit PRO to those interested in what you get and how it works.

blender getting to be pretty expensive. :smiley:
$50 for this, $20 for that… sheesh…

Hey, if you’re working at a freelance or pro level and a $20 tool saves you a single hour of time over its lifetime, it’s already paid for itself.

Speaking honestly, the Blender Market has some of the lowest prices I have ever seen. I know it can seem like it’s expensive, but the quality, support, and products the market has the offer really does offer huge value.

Is it Cycles only?

Yes cycles only. I didn’t go with the blender internal since the majority of blender users have switched over to cycles. If there is enough people interested in a blender internal version, I would consider it.

Really? Have you ever looked at what plugins/kits/resources cost for other 3D packages?

This is really quite cheap for a quality time-saver. It’s sad but Blender’s low cost has spoiled us into thinking everything should be free.

blender should become a paid app instead of taking donations.

Except that that’s literally impossible without starting the code base from scratch

You can create something resembling the techniques and models sold in the market if you’re willing to start from scratch and build it yourself.

If you’re not experienced in Blender though, buying your way to professional results may be the preferred option.

Even the addons will generally not have any actual ‘premium’ features (as in, stuff hardcoded in C), the GPL will not allow that.

spirit is death

What on earth are you talking about?!
How is someone selling tools or models related to the development of blender? Is the “spirit of blender” dead because there are actually PAID developers like Campbell or Brecht? Is the spirit dead because the computer I run Blender on costs money?
It’s not like Blender suddenly costs any money… These are addons, models, setups, and I don’t see any problem with this.
In fact, when I have to deliver something for a client and need a quick model or setup, I was limited to blendswap (which frankly also has a lot of crap to dive through) or sites like Turbosquid, where i can be lucky if I get a working OBJ or FBX to import.
Having a site with high quality Blender assets is SUPERGREAT!

Preach, Sebastian!

Professional results? Surely the people who whinge about paying for software or components don’t ever expect to get paid for any work they do?! Surely that’s not in the “spirit” of things.

This will be an awesome kit for anyone who has not spent years producing there own light setups, and also for thous who have :p. I will keep this in mind next time I have to render something and it has to look awesome.

The success of the “CG Cookie Market” will be good for blender, not only will it encourage the production of better content and add-ons that otherwise could not be produced without a finical incentive. It will also benefit Blender in that a successful commercial marketplace will signify to major 3rd party developers that Blender has a user base that is professional and prepared to pay for quality tools and content. In tern encouraging 3rd party developers to integrate there tools with blender.

I wish you success with this kit and the marketplace, keep up the awesome work.

Thank you, really appreciate it!

And couldn’t agree with you more on the markets effects on Blender.

Sure, just combine that previously purchased doohickey with the thingamabob you just bought and you have the backbone for what would be a great looking scene, video, or product presentation :wink:

It’s the ‘purchase part’ that some feel is not in the ‘spirit’, despite the firm belief their own work should be financially compensated.

Only a couple of weeks ago someone was asking how to circumvent paid software trial period restrictions, and then asked the next day where were the best places to sell their models.

as someone who’s been struggling with lighting, this seems like a magic wand… and the perfect opportunity for me to learn lighting WITH examples

sadly, it’s just for cycles