Newbie question regarding the Shrinkwrap modifier

Hello everyone. I’m slightly new to blender (about 6 months of modeling swords and VERY basic characters.) What I have here is a character out of Makehuman. I’ve been trying to follow several different tutorials about making clothing with the Shrinkwrap modifier, and in theory it seems pretty easy. However, when I try, I have one slight problem.

In the attatchment of this post, circled in red, is a screenshot of the problem. No matter what I try I can’t get that little spike running from her chest to about halfway up her neck to go away. When I go into edit mode there aren’t any vertices there to move around. I’m pretty much stumped.

Like most problems I’m sure it’s something obvious I’m overlooking.
I appreciate any help/advice anyone has to offer.
Thanks very much!

Attachments

Chances are if you can’t figure it out with the actual file in front of you, someone else isn’t going to be able to do it with nothing but a screenshot (edit:except for Doris… :D)! I’m projecting my own shortcomingss on everyone else but it’s a safe bet in this case I think. Blendfiles can be uploaded at pasteall.org.

try using “project” instead of “nearest”. and enable front and back. this usually solves such problems… another is to check the normals of the mesh, if one normal (namely that of the face that makes the spike) is facing wrong direction, the shrinkwrap modifer gets confused. other sources of such trouble are double points in the mesh. shrinkwrap needs clean meshes…

it is most likely a satellite antenna protruding from the chest pocket.

Disregard my last.