Summer Residence

CG COOKIE ARQUITECTURE CONTEST

Made in Blender
Rendered in Cycles 3000 Samples
Cuda Nvidia Geforce 770
8 hours

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/72522

wow, such a beautiful image and no replies? wonderful work, lots of details to please, wonderful composition, great color choices. … the only critique i would have is that at the top windows, the white looks too blown out compared to the grey sky in the bottom windows. i understand that it comes from the lamps,still… (to other viewers: be sure to click the image, it is wonderful when viewed full size! the forum compressor hurts the image)

Is it just me that the image isn’t showing up at all? I’d love to see it!

Very cool! Fantastic job!

I see it now! (thanks for the link) It’s awesome! Top notch work, nice job dude.

That is a beautiful image. Well done.

When I logged in earlier tonight none of the pics were showing. Some sort of glitch in the machine.

ETA: Here’s why…
http://blenderartists.org/forum/announcement.php?f=10

Steve S

thanks for the comments, and especially to you Steve for informing me what was happening,didn´t know why the image is not showing.

Thanks for the info

This has an interesting aesthetic to it. It could almost be the setting for a Lawrence Alma-Tedema painting (ignoring the architechural/historical differences). There are a few things that could be improved I think:

• the low poly nature of the curved step is clearly visible
  • some of the texturing seems inconsistent (e.g: floor looks quite out of place - it that an oversized bare wood panel texture? The ceiling would surely be somewhat more ornate in a setting like this…but appreciate that is extra work!).
  • The lighting seems a little too even indoors. You would need some very strong indoor lights to over power bright sunlight coming through large windows like that.

Anyway, good job :slight_smile:

Such wonderful details you have created on this project. In someways I agree with Blender Matt regarding the floor, it almost deserves to be marble I think, maybe just like the stairs.

It’s been one of the first renders here that I have seen someone model the window treatments like you have on the upper level, they came out really nice.

I hope will see more of your archviz in the future.

How I missed it?
Beautiful work!
What about the ceiling? Some decoration there.
The exterior image is too dark. Not photorealistic.