Arnold-Style Shaders for Cycles

Hi there. Here is some of my test work.

Reference can be found here.

This Scene provides 14 shaders that extremely close to Arnold renderer shaders for Maya.
Here is only one thing do not match exactly. It is diffuse color with roughness > 0 (I fake it just with manipulating color values)

All preview images and files can be found on my dropbox.Feel free to test it!

2 image : left part of every shader ball rendered with cycles and right part - Arnold. I put them together so you can see difference between them.

Wow great! I think I’ll try them out. I use Arnold with Softimage, so seeing these is handy.

thanks huggaida, the dropbox link doesn’t work though

Thanks for sharing!

Same here, I can’t wait to try them out though, they look great.

Sorry. Fixed. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yqb7svvvbzcljn7/AACQtSL4LNe5Qoai9fFfKi9ba

awesome, thanks :slight_smile:

if i try to open the Ai_Material_Scene.blend scene blender gives me a “file format is not supported in file …” message
i’m new to blender so if i made an obvious mistake please do not laugh :wink:

what version of blender are you using:?

i tried it with 2.70 as well as the 2.71 RC2

Try to create new scene Ctrl+N - > Shift+F1 - to merge scene from file Ai_Material_Scene.blend. All the time I used to see version for Apple files - what OS do you use?

Using Windows 64bit 2.70 and 2.71 RC2 here as well and getting the same error. When trying to merge, Blender won’t open the file. I tried some different files to be sure I was doing it right and they opened fine.

Try this one http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/74277
This file was verified by blandswap moderator.

Thanks for that! For your test images, I can barely even see the seam line!

That one works, thank you.

Thx. It looks like little difference in render engines. If you adjust rendered result with Color / HSV - node [set V = 1.035] then results become much more closer. Another limitation - “diffuse roughness”. Arnold result is darker so I faked it. Next one is in shaders that use REFLECTION. Arnold reflection parameter is equal to Cycles Glossy Indirect Pass [not glossy closure], so you can fake it 100% only with compositing. So at the and 100% equal result is possible, but with some additional tweaks.