Bender (need help with model)

Bender3.blend (1.21 MB)

This is my Bender model that i have recently created. Only spent around an hour - hour and a half on this so i was quite happy with the results considering. Was wondering if someone could look at the model and tell me the best way to add teeth which would fit into the mouth since i think the hand painted ones look quite poor in quality. Also tell me what you think about the rest of the model and what i can change! :slight_smile:

I know an easy way to make the kind of teeth you are looking for, but I am short on time today, so won’t be able to get to it until later this evening or tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice on everything, started with the teeth (also sorted the bottom/antenna). What do you think :)?

Update*

so I found the blend with the teeth I was thinking of. the irregularity and the rounded bases are optional. so let me know is these sort of teeth interest you, and if so, I’ll put up a diagram.

@Modron: You have a large repertoire of useful modeling techniques so I would like to hear how did the teeth…

ok, it’s pretty simple. i’ll go ahead and make a diagram.

Me too, and probably many others around here as well. Modeling or whatever, it’s always gold.

Thanks for your time Modron!

Edit: Oops I forgot… @JA12: Good stuff in that Hard Corners thread. Thanks for the link.

-Larry

Ok here’s the basic idea:

1. ‘draw’ your mesh in front of the surface where the teeth will be
  2. use surface snapping ( retopo ) to stick the faces to the head/mouth
  3. after recalculating normal outside, use Alt E ( extrude individual faces ) then Alt S ( scale along normal ) and scale the teeth to the desired thickness.
    continued in next post…

1. make loop cuts here
  2. subsurface
    (edit) for this particular model I would probably extend the boundaries of the teeth past the edges of the mouth, and make and extra row. also make shallower teeth.

Attachments

Very good trick Modron !