Wine glasses WITH wine in them...

Hello! I posted this before in WIPs, since I was too tired to think clearly…lol. Reposting here, as I was told this was the right spot. Sorry for the confusion!
I’m pretty new at 3D modeling and was overjoyed to finally get my wine glass’s shape and material right. So, I decided to make a wooden table with three wine glasses (the middle one full), a fruit bowl and fruits scattered around the table, maybe a wine bottle with wine dripping out of its mouth, and in the foreground, an orange sprinkled with water droplets.
Thus far, I’ve made only the table, three glasses…and wine filling, LOL. The trouble started when I tried to fill the front glass.
I shaped a sphere to fit and gave it the approximate material I want it to have (still tweaking). I settled it into the glass, and it fits near perfectly…but when rendering it I can only see the wine from a top view; the glass looks empty from the side! Plus I have a really old lappy, so rendering even the tiniest scene literally takes hours. :-\ Should I merge the wine glass and wine? Will that mess up the different materials? Also the glasses’ shape looks perfect when not rendered, but rendered…ah, here’s what’s been rendered in over THREE HOURS of running:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]313385[/ATTACH]
Please help :slight_smile: I would greatly appreciate any advice!
Sorry for the n00biness, I’ve been looking all over the 'Net but just don’t get it fully. I’ve only ever used NifSkope before, and that only to mess slightly with a previously made model. :stuck_out_tongue:
Here’s my work (Sketchfab won’t show transparency here, but I can see it in Blender, as you can see.):

I know the glasses are floating above the table. Gotta fix that… xD
Thanks in advance!
~PK.

take a look at andrew price’s tutorial on how to make a glass full of beer. Just play with the materials.

If you’re just beginning to learn Blender, and 3D in general, and only have a crappy old lappy at your disposal, I recommend dropping glass for now. Do other tutorials first, like basic modeling techniques and simple materials. Glass is easy with Blender using the builtin Cycles rendering engine, but I’ve heard it’s near impossible to get good with the default Internal rendering engine (I didn’t bother with Blender until Cycles came around, so I have absolutely no experience with it). Glass with liquid? Now you’re talking about special setups with boundary refractions, and more ray recursions slowing things down even more.

Thank you both :smiley:
@cegaton, I can’t find the tutorial here; searched for “beer glass” by user “Andrew Price”, no results…will Google.
@CarlG: My glasses look (I think) very good, at least for how they could look LOL. I just can’t put the stuff in them, but if I can only get them to be fully transparent that would be awesome.

http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/how-to-make-a-beer/